Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
struesdell
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:13 pm   

[1.24] Status Window statusbar settings not parsing?

So, I've been experiencing some weird results with putting statusbar settings into the dockable status window. For some reason, they're only parsing their contents if I place them in the root folder of a given module/window.

For example,

I have a statusbar object named "mAfflictionOnFire" to show me if I'm on fire. Straight forward enough. It's contents are,

%if(@onFire=1, %ansi(yellow)On Fire, %ansi(high)On Fire)

among a collection of 50+ of these, all sorted in the status window so that I can just look over to the right and find out exactly which afflictions are applied to me. Except that when I put this setting into a subfolder to keep the 50+ settings out of the module root, I get the above string, unparsed, where I'd expect to find a yellow or grey "On Fire" in the window.

If I move it back to the root of the module, convince it to recompile, and refresh the window, it works fine.

I really don't want all 50+ status effects sitting at the base of my module. Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:51 am   

To do equals comparisons you need to use "==" instead of "=". That was one of the changes CMUD made to be more like other programming languages. Also remember that it is stricter about syntax. When in doubt, do a Ctrl+K to perform a syntax check.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:11 am   

Really? I'm guessing it's an either/or thing, since pretty much everything works for me using =.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:15 am   

Sadly, the Syntax Check menu option is disabled for Status bars, and when I do Ctrl+K to do it, it gives me the override key entry for macros.

Also, using == didn't actually fix it. :(
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:28 pm   

I think Zugg is aware of this and said it will be improved in a future version. For now, put all buttons and status window items in the root folder.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:41 pm   

I don't think == has ever been a requirement. Isn't it a bit superfluous in this example anyway - couldn't you just use @onFire as the expression?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:00 pm   

You don't need to use ==. Using = will still work just fine. It was only & and | that changed to && and ||

I'll check into the issue with putting status window items in sub folders, although I can't imagine why that would cause them to fail. Very wierd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: