Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 pm   

IMPORTANT note to Package Designers

This note is for anyone who has uploaded a package to the package library.

If your package is specific to a certain MUD, *PLEASE* edit your package and enter the name of the MUD into the MUD field.

People seem to have missed the MUD field. When you are editing your package in the library (select the package, then select Edit/Edit Package) there is a MUD dropdown box above the Description field on the right side.

This dropdown starts as blank. But you can enter any text value into the field, just like any other text field. The value that you enter is added to the list.

Be sure to use the correct name of the MUD, but Please use this field so that people can sort/group their library by MUD name.

Btw, the Category field works the same way. It's dynamic and will allow you to add your own categories, or use a current category.
kymon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 am   

I only uploaded a single package, even not sure if i used the correct procedure, but i did use the MUD field. the name of the mud correctly appeared in the package library list. then i re-installed cmud for testing stuff, also deleting the personal cmud folder. when i retrieved the package i previously uploaded, i noticed that the name of the mud i used disappeared. the package is still there, but in the mud field list there is only a single mud (realm of despair), which isn't the one i used. at first i thought i made a mistake while uploading, but as i read your message, there may be a bug somewhere, saving the mudname only locally.

Last edited by kymon on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:17 am   

Yeah, swmud and realm of despair were the only muds listed in the package library.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:42 pm   

I know I had used Medievia also in the mud list. And that is not showing up anymore.
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:55 pm   

i also put my mud name in, but it disappears on upload, therefore making it so you cant use the search fields.

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:04 pm   

Hmm, ok, thanks for letting me know about this. I wasn't aware that there was a bug in the MUD field. It looks like you can effect your local MUD list, but none of them are getting uploaded to the server. I'll see if I can fix this for 1.23.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:54 pm   

OK, this was actually a problem on the server end, which I have fixed. I updates the Dreamsmud and SWmud entries that were obvious. But everyone else should be able to go in and fix their MUD field for their packages now. You don't need 1.23 to do this...it should work now in 1.22 also.
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:01 pm   

oo thanks Zugg :) very much

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: