Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:03 pm   

[1.22] MSP Sound Downloading and Sound Problems

Okay i have been watching this problem for a while. Zmud i connect it downloads and installs the appropriate sound file and plays it. (The Welcome Sound)

CMUD does not download any file from my mud nor does it play any sound file from the mud that i have including the initial Welcome one. Although it does download the graphic that welcomes you.

This is all done without having to download a "SOUND PACKAGE" as it only downloads when they are called.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:05 pm   

Post the exact MSP command that the MUD is sending to download the sound. Also, if you are behind any firewalls, be sure to set the WWW Proxy server info in CMUD so that it matches whatever is in zMUD. But zMUD and CMUD use the same routines to download the sounds, so they should be working the same.

Can you use the #PLAY command to play the sound file in CMUD? Did you install CMUD into the same directory as zMUD, or to a separate directory? If you installed to a separate directory, does the CMUD/MudName/sounds subfolder exist where CMUD would normally be putting the sounds (look at your zMUD directory structure for the example to see where your sounds are being placed there). Maybe the "sounds" subfolder isn't being created or something like that.

Anyway, I need a lot more information if I'm going to be able to help with a MUD-specific issue like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: