Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 pm   

[1.22] macro weirdness

odd thing happening.. whenever i hit F10, (simple 1 line macro key) it toggles the file menu, its really really annoying. Theres nothing in that 1 line code that could be messing about, its purely #Exec {c invis}.

Any ideas?

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:26 pm   

This has been reported before. It's an issue with the Delphi controls and the Windows message pump.. or something like that. I'm sure it's on Zugg's list of things to do after the public release.
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:28 pm   

oh cool, thanks Larkin.. certainly is an odd one.

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:42 pm   

It's actually a Windows thing. Pressing F10 in most any Windows application will activate the menu for the program. Just did it here in Firefox and it did the same thing. It's one of those Windows keyboard shortcuts that have been in Windows for decades for people who want a keyboard interface for the menus.

So, CMUD has to figure out how to disable this in Windows without interferring with how menus work when you assign a macro to the F10 key.

And yes, this is left over from the old days when there were only 10 function keys instead of 12.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:14 pm   

It was possible in zMUD to assign a macro to F10... Is the issue that keyboard focus and therefore keyboard shortcuts are handled differently by CMUD due to the different menu / theming components?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:46 pm   

zMUD and CMUD use different menu-bar components. zMUD used something called TB2000 and TBX for Delphi. I had to specifically modify those components to disable the F10 in Windows. CMUD uses ExpressBars from Developer Express, so I'm going to have to disable it in their code too. Unfortunately, the ExpressBars code is a lot more complicated and making these kind of changes can have lots of bad side effects. So it's something I have to be very careful with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: