Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Thinjon100
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:51 pm   

[1.22] Disable Trigger Condition

OK, I'm not certain whether this is a bug, or not... but perhaps someone can give me some insight.

I have a trigger that captures channel output. Depending on who sends it, it captures to one of two windows... one of them results in a #GAG on the main window, while the other does not. As most lines in the mud are followed by a blank line (but not always), I added a conditional to gag a blank line occurring after the capture trigger. I'd prefer, however, if this did NOT fire if I didn't #GAG the main line. Here's what I attempted:
First trigger ID:"capchan"
Code:

#T+ "gagcapchan"
#IF (%ismember(%1,@friendlist)) {
 #T- "gagcapchan"
 #CAP capfriend
} {
 #CAP capother
 #GAG
}

Conditional trigger ID:"gagcapchan" Trigger:"^$"
Code:

#GAG

What I /hoped/ would happen would be that the conditional trigger would be enabled when the first trigger fired, but be disabled if the %1 was in my friendlist. I cannot do #GAG 2 in the "capother" section, as there is not /always/ a blank line...

What actually happens, it seems, in CMud, instead of enabling/disabling the conditional trigger "gagcapchan", is that it creates a "gagcapchan" class, and enables/disables that instead. I know I used #T+/#T- in zMud on triggers... has this changed in CMUD? If not, does this not affect conditionals? Is there something I'm missing?

As an aside, it might be nice if there was some simple way to disable processing further conditionals in a trigger set... or perhaps allow a local variable to pass between conditionals? (I'd REALLY like to avoid my old #VAR tempdisablegag 1 / #IF (@tempdisablegag) {} {#GAG} programming style, if at all possible)
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:07 pm   

im wondering whether the client is fast enough to cope with both lines coming at once, normally after i turn off/on a trigger i allow a small amount of time for it to catch up with the output before expecting it to catch. might be why its not firing, the blank line has already passed by the time the trigger actually activates.

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:16 pm   

I'm not sure if that's the proper way to enable or disable trigger states, Thinjon. The way I would do it is to have a class that's disabled and disable on startuped, and put the second trigger in there. Then you can enable the class only when you want to. You could also have the state set to manual and use the #state command.

Multistate triggers are capable of many things, but conditionally moving to different states is one of the things that can make them get REALLY complicated. It's often much easier just to use the class method above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: