Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
g61828
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:27 pm   

#WIN and #CAP

Ok,

So...basically I want to make an additional window for when I mud. What I want is for this window to have all of the communication/chat stuff. Being basically new to this type of coding I was thinking I would use you guys as a sounding board. Here is what I was thinking...

This is what I get when someone uses a particular chat channel.

{AvNet} Thorn: lol

or

{Grats} Elminister: -= Thanks =-

Now, there are a few channels. They are Chat, Lordnet, Avnet, Grats, Auction, Newbie, and Clan. I want all of them in 1 Window except for Clan which would have its own window. So, is the following kinda sorta correct or am I missing something (which I think I am)

#WIN Comm
#TR {Avnet} {#CAP Comm;#GAG}
#TR {Grats} {#CAP Comm;#GAG}
#TR {Chat} {#CAP Comm;#GAG}
#TR {Newbie} {#CAP Comm;#GAG}
#TR {Lordnet} {#CAP Comm;#GAG}

#WIN Clan
#TR {Clan} {#CAP Clan;#GAG}

Well...thats what I get from reading the Help files. Let me know if I'm off my rocker or going in the right direction.

Thanx,
D
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:33 pm   

Those should work, but I would expand the trigger a little bit to includ the {} to reduce alot of false captures

#TRIGGER {~{Avnet~}} {#CAPP Comm;#GAG}
etc etc.
g61828
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:08 pm   

Ok...trying to get somewhat fancy now. I'm really getting into this mud but there is a lot of info that comes across that I would rather have seperate and what not. My question on top of this is can you edit each windows dimensions? To start, the mud I play on allows multiplaying so I have 3 chars up at once in the main window seperated by the 3 tabs up top. What I want is 1 Window up top that is Comm that is for all the chats but Clan channel. 2nd window would be below that which would be clan Channel. Now I want to know if I can add a smaller window to log the Newsflashes we get during the mud. They appear as such

[ Archangel has quit the game. ]

[ Newsflash: Archangel has entered the game! ]

I would want to gag them and put them in there own window as I do like to see if one of my friends/clanmates logs on/off but I don't need a full window width to do this. As of yet I don't have another window to help take up the rest of the space that a slimmer window would leave.

Also, can these windows be loaded up on log in or do I have to code it each time I log onto the mud I play?

Thanx again for all the help,
D
g61828
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:19 pm   

Would something like this work?

#CLASS {chat}
#ALIAS atconnect {:Chats:#LOG {%time(ddmmmyy)};:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {~{AvNet~}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {{tells the group|says,|You say,|tell the group||You tell|tells you}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {~{Clan~}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {~{Chat~}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {~{Auction~}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#TRIGGER {~{Grats~}} {#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}
#CLASS 0
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:57 pm   

Personally, I'd use the format yyyy-mm-dd to make the logs sortable alphabetically. Those should work though.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
g61828
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:16 pm   

Ok,

What I want to do now is change the #CAP so that whenever it captures text it will change the texts color. Now, on the MUD I play, the correct code for the color I want is &W. But, since it is zMUD that is displaying the text, do I have to change the color with zMUD of can I do it from the mud output? Basically the coding to change the color of text in the mud goes something like this;

&W<texthere>&n

This will display the text in a bold white and then cap the color so it doesn't bleed into other text. However I looked up the zMUD help file and it said some about about using a trigger such as;

#TRIGGER {tells the group} {#COLOR red}

My question is will this work for what I want;

TRIGGER {~{AvNet~}} {#COLOR White;#CAPTURE Chats;#GAG;:Chats:#SAY %time}

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
D
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:15 pm   

If you want to change the coloring, you would not be able to use #CAPTURE to send the changed output to the other window. Instead, you'd have to use #WINDOW, which allows you to do whatever you want to the text (the caveat is that #WINDOW doesn't at all know what the trigger line was so you'd have to provide all that.)

#trigger {~{AvNet~} (%w): (*)} {#window Chats {%ansi(white)~{AvNet~} %1~: %2 ~[%time~]};#gag}
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 pm   

Or you can put a trigger in the settings for other windows to substitute the text by adding a timestamp and changing the colour.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:27 pm   

If you're using Matt's example, you can use the global variable %line to represent the trigger line. Much easier than trying to reproduce it all yourself.

#window Chats {%ansi(white)%line ~[%time~]}

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: