Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sylmannemo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 am   

REGEX help...A fine tuned love hate relationship

Ok, so I'm trying to setup something that looks at a persons HONORS for those familiar with IRE and based on their prefix (Whether they have a novice prefix or not) place them in a specified list.

I'm freaking close, I know I am...
The one I'm having trouble with is this,
#REGEX {^Jundi ((.+)|(.+)\, [?:Disciple of (?:.+)]) \((Male|Female) (Tanari|Norrjin|Muamrite|Sylayan|Sidhe|Akrabi|Kohdon|Ssylsin|Lycaean|Dwarf|Lamira|Xiur)\)\.$} {Jundilist=%additem( "%1", @Jundilist)}

Jundi Jheran, Disciple of Tenn (Male Akrabi).
would be the normal line it's making its basis off of.
It works outside of the fact that it's still picking up the prefix Disciple of (person). Not everyone has the suffix around their name, hence my dillema.

What I need is what am I doing wrong with the regex in the section of ((.+)|(.+)\, [?:Disciple of (?:.+)]). I thought I was setting two parameters, one that has no suffix one that has a ", Disciple of (person)" suffix. I'm trying to get it to ignore the Disciple of, hence the [?:] area...

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:26 am   

{^Jundi (.*?)\, (?:Disciple of .+|) \((Male|Female) (Tanari|Norrjin|Muamrite|Sylayan|Sidhe|Akrabi|Kohdon|Ssylsin|Lycaean|Dwarf|Lamira|Xiur)\)\.$

I think that is right.
Sylmannemo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:27 pm   

Closer, but something's still a bit off. That one picks up ONLY those with the suffix, "Disciple of (person)". Only some people have that suffix that I need on that list, others have no suffix at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: