Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account
 

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion
frix
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:55 pm   

Testing of multiline triggers
 
I was wondering if the new CMud was going to have the ability to test parse a block of text, rather than just one line?

Thanks!
Frix
Reply with quote
Larkin
Wizard


Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Posts: 1113
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm   
 
The current method is simply to use multiple #SHOW commands, I'd say. I don't know that you could ever use the trigger pattern tester to test multiple lines. It's meant to test each state's pattern separately.
Reply with quote
Tech
GURU


Joined: 18 Oct 2000
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 am   
 
What I like to do to make it easier is to put the block of text into a variable and then #show the variable. (Saves on the typing. Very Happy )
_________________
Asati di tempari!
Reply with quote
Larkin
Wizard


Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Posts: 1113
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 pm   
 
I put multiple #SHOW commands in an alias, but same concept.
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2009 Zugg Software. Hosted by Wolfpaw.net