Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:10 pm   

[1.16] Positioning buttons

I'm probably just missing something obvious.
In zMUD I'd have a few buttons on the right side of the screen telling me who was online, score etc. I used them in place of the status window because they looked nicer and were easier to place and manipulate.

So I'd have a few buttons for skills at the top (panel 2), and informational ones at the right (panel 1).
I can't seem to place them in CMUD so they form a column down the right hand side of the screen, they stay at the top no matter what I do. I remember Zugg saying something about panels being part of the Zapp layout and that they would be in at a later stage? If so, any idea when, the button layout is one of the few things that's stopping me moving settings into CMUD to test more fully.

Cheers
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:13 pm   

I'm guessing this is part of the bug that is resetting options. Check your buttons and see if they are still being placed on the correct toolbar. Then check the Buttons tab in the Preferences to see if the proper button bar is set to the Right side.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:40 pm   

They're grouping together and on the right hand side, but not in a vertical panel, just stacked on the horizontal panel at the top.
In zMUD there was a 'Location' section in the button Position/Size tab that let you pick whether the button was Top, Left, Bottom, Right, Middle. That's what I think is missing.

Edit: Well whaddya know, the preferences/buttons bit is what I'm after. Sorry Zugg, thought it might be something simple. There is one thing still. Buttons only show in panels 1-4, they disappear if they're in panel <0 or >5
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:12 pm   

The Location section is in the Preferences. Go to Preferences and then click the Buttons tab in the main User Interface page.

And yes, there are only 4 button panels. This is left over from zMUD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: