Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
patryn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:48 pm   

Disable all triggers for one (very long) line

Here is the scenario...

I am using one trigger to gag and capture a certain line from the mud for later processing. The tricky thing is that this line may contain 20,000+ characters... (Currently testing with 18,607 characters)

As you can imagine, when this line is very large, Zmud goes into process overload while it checks if the various triggers will fire... this in turn slows everything else down as well.

Is there any way I can tell zmud 'not' to test this line through all the triggers?

Is there anything like a #gag command for trigger testing?

Thanks
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:35 pm   

There's no command specifically for this but if you can detect when the line is about to appear you can trigger on one of the leadups to it. This trigger would #T- MasterFolder, where MAsterFolder is the class that contains all your other triggers.
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:48 pm   

#IGNORE may help, this toggles all trigger processing. The help says you may get undesirable effects if you perform this in a trigger. I guess the reason is because if you toggle to off then no triggers run so you can't turn back on within a trigger, you'd need to toggle to on with an alias.

Matt's idea is best if you have lines you know come before and after and with being able to drag and drop settings it won't take much setting up if you don't already have a "MasterFolder" class.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:02 pm   

Mmm. Thanks for that guys it bears some thinking about.

I don't fancy moving all triggers to a Master folder as that would really upset my delicate balance of organization :P
So.. instead i'll try to come up with a way to reference all triggers (bar one) without moving them around. Maybe a list of trigger names or some such. I'll have a search through the Zmud settings database to see if I can't reference it directly to pull out a list, then use that list to disable all but one trigger, once the line is past, enable them all again... yes.. that feels like it might work :)

Thanks for the ideas! :)
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:29 pm   

Might not be as do able as I thought... Triggers are stored away in gibberish :(

I don't suppose there's an inbuilt functionality to return a list of triggers? :P Ah well
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:07 am   

Not unbuilt but it can be done with COM. Now there's something to get your teeth into. You should be able to find an example of doing something similar, I think with aliases somewhere on this forum since I know I've seen one in the past though I'm really bad with searching on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: