Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mo24
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:16 pm   

Getting room name

Hello,

I am looking for a way to store the name of each room I am in, in a variable. There is no special format for room name on my mud, although, the text is colored red. For instance, I type look:

[ 150/150hp 130/130mn 200/200mv > look
A dusty trail (red colored)
You are travelling on a dirt strewn trail.
[Exits: north east south]

I would like, when I enter this room for instance, to:
#var roomname "A dusty trail"

Is there a way I can do this? I think I need to set it in a trigger, which triggers upon detecting the red text in the mud. But I tried putting this as trigger text. It did not work: %ansi(12)(*)

I know that, perhaps I could use the automapper, but I have very bad luck with it. My mud has many different travel schemes, I don't think it would work well. Is there another way? Thank you
mo24
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:37 pm   

Never mind :) I stumbled across Trigger options... and it lists ANSI trigger. That solves my problem. Thanks
mo24
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:12 pm   

But i've run into a new issue. I have the above script working fairly well. There are a few problems it runs into, though.

Mainly, issues with prompt. If I spam directions to run across many rooms, often, from the above example, this happens:

[ 150/150hp 130/130mn 200/200mv > A dusty trail

Where the room name overlaps the prompt. My prompt is in white. But 'A dusty trail' is in red.

Now, I can do the same thing, set a trigger for ANSI color of my prompt, and add some trigger text, but the problem I run into is with the 'A dusty trail', the room name.

The only way I can determine if it is indeed the room name after the prompt in the trigger and not just spam, is by checking the color of the text after the '>' at the end of the prompt. Is there any way to do that? What would I use in the #IF for the 'red' color code to check it and compare?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: