Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Zugg Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm
Wish-list for zMUDXP
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:13 pm   

Save/Lock Layout, Preferences, and Save/Open Settings added to windows' right-click/speed submenu.

AutoQuester. - same concept as automapper, except it solves quests automatically.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:49 pm   

1) Extended GUI for trigger creation
a) Automatic trigger creation- give the client a couple of copy/paste examples of what needs to be triggered on, and the client suggests a trigger.
b) graphical (tree?) representation of structures like COND triggers
c) Extend the current "try this" triggerbox to allow line by line replay of selected log files (now you do this by reading by hand from a file, or building a fake server)

2) Cleanup of code editor. It often reports syntax errors on code that's fine (sometimes doing something like hitting space and then delete makes it happy). I haven't used this much recently, but also haven't seen any changes in the release notes.

3) Spellchecking shouldn't flag code on the command line as mispellings.

4) Cleanup of color triggers. The user shouldn't have to use a debug file to figure out which ANSI or MXP sequence turned the text red, only know that it LOOKS red in one part and blue in another.

5) better user access to parameters like recursion limits

6) plugins
a) activation should be possible on a per-character basis
b) additional call to tell the plugin that a packet is complete. This is useful if the plugin is trying to recognize prompt lines in the low level call. Alternatively (if the call is always made with all of the data from a packet, and zMud never passes less than all of the data in one call), update the docs to reflect that.
c) "pulse" call. zMud calls pulse(int *sleeptime) and the plugin describes, how long in milliseconds, it wants zMud to let it sleep before calling pulse again for that plugin. This avoids tricks like starting up extra threads to let the plugin do stuff periodically.
d) more intuitive handles/indices for plugins to understand which session/window data is from.

-Tarn
dedawgg
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:31 pm   

Here is my wishlist. My apologies if any of these ideas can be done easily on the existing version...

I know it's been mentioned that it would probably have it, but SSH! I would like to use zMud for a few other servers that don't allow telnet.

Nexela's ideas on room flags are also something that would be quite a nice addition.

Being able to use a variable in for a gauge button's caption, such as @currenthp for the HP gauge. I know you can use the variable to set the gauge color, but I would also like to have a customizable caption on it, too.

Allow blank lines in the code window (spaces between code segments).

Allow customization of the "to [Zone Name]" labels in the Mapper window (different colors, fonts, ability to move the label, etc.).

Automatic support for the zmapper plugin (not having to worry about coding in all of the COM ref's...don't know if that can be done only on the zmud side or if you would have to change zmapper, too.)

More automapper requests:

-having the ability to pick colors to parse by in the configuration settings

-currently, when choosing which paragraph to parse the room info, it checks from last paragraph received and lets you pick which paragraph to grab for the name, desc., etc,. How about also having the ability to start at the 1st paragraph and working down?

-Room Names: ability to recognize room names that have punctuation, multiple colors, and LONG names.

-I can't really figure out how to word this wish, but a more user-friendly approach to the automapper, possibly if we move to a room, and the automapper doesn't create it or move to it, we can find out why...maybe by having the automapper read the output and we can see what it's getting caught up on.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:35 pm   

Since there are so many automapper feature requests, I'd like to add a very specific request of my own: please, please, please make the automapper easier to use with all the IRE games (Achaea, Aetolia, Imperian, and Lusternia). I won't be able to sell my complex mapper scripts and configuration files any more, but I'd rather have the system easier to use and more reliable.
Aarlot
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:40 pm   

A function holding the value of the time remaining on the tick timer would be nice. I know you can query it with #T?, but I'd like something like %tick that would could be used in scripts to return the time left till tick.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:15 pm   

I suppose for wishes sake I could add my two cents in with everyone elses...

Layout:
- Some people like different layouts than others. I found it annoying that some windows could be docked where others could not and ended up floating. I would make them consistant. Either make them all able to dock or remove docking.

Triggers:
- I second the recommendation of supporting triggers with multiple colors on the same line. Many times these are status lines and only the colors change.
- I would like to see a trigger "any but" option. Many times it would have been useful to have a "trigger on anything *but* this line".
- Zone triggers like room triggers. While I do know there is a place for zone settings I have found that if you make triggers there and leave the zone they are still active.
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:59 pm   

easy to create multiline triggers :O
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
Yamabushi
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:07 am   

I'd like to see multiple status windows.

Currently, you can have only one. Two or Three would be cool.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:30 am   

Yamabushi wrote:
I'd like to see multiple status windows.

Currently, you can have only one. Two or Three would be cool.

i'd like like a simple way in preferences to asign a key (control+v for example) to a specific status window, so we can easy and fast enable it or disable it.
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:25 am   

Another suggestions:

ok, currently (using zMUD 7.13a and prior versions). if you have the editor open, then click on the main MUD window, the editor window will disappear. Often when you go back to the editor window, you'll find that it is in a different spot (in the directory tree) then when you left. When editing scripts with massive amounts of classes (or deep class trees) this is a pita.

This can be fixed by using the down arrow option next to help in the editor window, and choosing "task bar icon". This generates a several second freeze up when selected, can cause zMUD to crash (if you press any keys during the freeze up), and needs to be done every time zMUD is restarted. These ideas relate to this:

1) Have the "task bar icon" option remembered when settings are saved.
2) See above idea regarding putting this into your tray.
3) Fix whatever causes zMUD to lose it's place when not using the task bar icon.
4) Fix the crash bug ;) I think the length of the freeze is determined by the size of your settings file (I have some 4,000+ aliases).. bigger file = longer freeze (I also have 1GB of RAM).
5) Change it so that the ESC key, when Task Bar/Tray Icon is selected, simply minimizes the editor window (instead of closing it). I often hit that key from habit, then have to wait 5+ seconds for it to reload next time I go into it ;) An alternative option via file-close editor should be added of course.

Other editor ideas:
1) When in all classes mode, double clicking on an alias/trig/class/whatever should remove the all classes mode, and bring you directly to what you double clicked on.
2) An option (in settings) for "remember expanded" -- if enabled, all expanded classes always stay expanded, if forgotten, the directory tree condenses down all the way, except for root of course, when the editor is re-opened

Another "bug" to fix:
When creating a new class, the editor freezes for several seconds (same problems as listed for task bar icon above). Then it often goes to some random location, and you need to click on the empty class to rename it...
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:45 am   

Ideas for #alarm:

#alarmlist - lists all pending alarms, numerically. Such as:

1) 14 seconds - sleep
2) 45 seconds - wake
3) 46 seconds - save
4) 48 seconds - quit

#alarmc (X)

Cancels alarm (X) corresponding to #alarmlist.

#alarmc 3
(echo'd back)
Alarm #3, {save} set to execute in 27 seconds, has been removed.

New #alarm option:
#alarm -ts

Activates alarm on tick timer (#ts). Alarm is permanant and recycling, and is toggled on/off when TS timer is toggled on/off.

On the topic of #ts .. a note should go in the helpfile "to turn this off, #ts -1" or something :P
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am   

The only thing I can really think of that I've always wanted is multidimensional arrays.

Maybe something like this.

#VARIABLE Array %array
#ARRSET Array('array1').value1 "test1"
#ARRSET Array('array1').value2 "test2"
#ARRSET Array('array2').value1 "test3"
#ARRSET Array('array2').value2 "test4"

#SHOW @Array('array1').value1 output: test1
#SHOW @Array('array1').value2 output: test2
#SHOW @Array('array2').value1 output: test3
#SHOW @Array('array2').value2 output: test4

#ARRSET Array('array3').value1 "item1|item2"
#ARRSET Array('array3').value1 %additem("item3",@Array('array3').value1)
#ADDITEM Array('array3').value1 "item4"

#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.1 output: item1
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.2 output: item2
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.3 output: item3
#SHOW @Array('array3').value1.4 output: item4

You can kind of do this already with Database variables, lists, indexes and extra code, but this would be so much more powerful. Very Happy

Hey, this is a *wish* list. Wink
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 pm   

When a window is out of focus and receives text then the tab at the top and the icon in the taskbar turn green. The ability to tell zmud not to turn these bits green would be nice. A lot of the time I get random useless info from the mud that it's not worth switching back to see. Infact, the ability to have a number of possible colours to signify the importance of text that comes in.

So the icon is blue by default, stays blue on mundane text, turns green if you see semi important text, and flashes if you get attacked for example...
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 pm   

the ability to set variables for other sessions, not rather than just 'local' or global variables.
So I could
#svar myfavemud {hungry} {1}
for example

Similarly, the ability to have one session use the value of a variable in another session
#if (%svar(myfavemud,hungry) = 1) {#say Guinn is hungry, remember to feed him!}
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:30 pm   

Guinn you can get that through #Names. (I do tons of inter-session stuff)
Session one:
#name One
#var MapY 5
Session two: #name Two

Go into Session two:
#sh @One.MapY
---
Echo Carabas' array idea. I work in string lists in zMud and arrays elsewhere.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:09 pm   

Coo, didn't know that. But problem with that method is that (quite unlikely I know) the event that I have a variable called One within session 2 then it'll check that variable rather than looking to the other session(?)
Just seems a bit ambiguous currently.

Another small idea. At the moment you can test speed in zmud with ctrl-q. If there was a way of cycling through each class and opening and closing them, testing the speed with each, then showing a report of the speed of each class. would help with tracking down dodgy leaky triggers.
and less memory usage... how I can be connected for 14 hours and zmud use 160mb ram when I've got a 70k mud file and scrollback at a few thousand lines... eep
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:44 am   

Kiasyn wrote:
built in html-logging...

I second this request. I don't mud anymore, but I do know that on a lot of pk-oriented muds logs are gold...and theres only 1 half-decent ansi->html convertor.

This could probably be written as a plugin however.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 am   

Get %roomkind to work correctly when the value you want to assign is over 100.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:18 am   

A function to tell if you are currently connected to the mud.

This is very useful for commands pre-set in #alarm.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:00 am   

After you send a command the text in the command line is highlighted. Used to be that you could just hit control-leftarrow to move the cursor to the beginning of the last word in the line. Now you have to hit the leftarrow or click in the command line to make the highlighting go away before control-leftarrow will work. I liked it better the way it was before.

Also, when you double click on a word in the command line to highlight it, it also highlights the space following the word. Is there a way to make it just highlight only the word without the space the way it used to?

Thanks!
blkno1
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:05 am   Only 1 Wish

Port it to Linux so I can throw out by Windows Box. Very Happy Seriously, I only have a WIN2K system for Zmud. All the rest runnin Linux.

-bk
Fawl
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:00 pm   

The ability to read complex wintin95 commands...no seriously if Zmudxp had this ability i would pay full $ for it.

#purge command. The ability to hit one key and delete all commands entered before they are sent to the mud.

Autoset Walk lag.

On some muds their is a thing such as penalty lag. If you spam something you are punished. This is suspose to even the score between the euros and the american players on my game. So even if you do spam directions zmud will store them and send the commands out at the specific second in which you are allowed to walk again without walk penalty lag.

Say you spamed a direction to a healer on the other side of the world and someone attacks you.. OH NO now your going to die because your just going to keep walking and you can't stop.

This is where the #purge command would come in.

If in this state a key like ~ is set aside as the purge key and will delete all stored directions, thus giving you the ability to stop and turn on the dime or fight.
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:10 pm   

A configurable Boss Key!

For example CTRL+` to completely hide zMUD. No taskbar icon, no tray icon, nothing.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:52 pm   

[quote="slicertool"]A function to tell if you are currently connected to the mud.

#ALARM "tCheckConnectAlarm" *1 {#if (@oldctime != %ctime) {oldctime = %ctime} {#say NOT CONNECTED TO THE MUD;#T- tCheckConnectAlarm}}

Would be nice if this was already handled, though.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:43 am   

Suppose making the whole thing skinnable would be too much to ask for? Confused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: