Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ryntrax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:14 am   

BUG with copy and paste

I was wondering if i am the only person having since updated ZMud to the recent version that when ever useing %clip or right click paste or ctrl v that clipboard info paste 2 times.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:43 pm   

A couple of people reported that but the problem went away when they either rebooted, or did a clean install of the new version of zMUD. I've never been able to get this to fail on my systems here though.
slash_2_2000
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 pm   

There are some seriously weird things going on with the copy/paste in 7.21. I've had the problem, someone else I know that uses it has the same problem and a reinstall didn't work, nor did a reboot. Apparently after they reinstalled and rebooted, it won't even open...

Also, besides the double paste thing, sometimes when you copy text it changes font to times new roman, and just stays that way until you restart zMUD... Lots of weirdness...
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:40 pm   

I have this problem with only one of my character settings. All the others seem to be unaffected and I'm at a loss as to what could possibly be different between them.
alluran
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:39 am   

An immortal on the mud i play recently had a similar? problem. Whenever he pasted, it would paste twice, and this would only occur in zmud, all other windows only pasted once. Personally I have only ever experienced double pasting when holding down the shift key (one copy has color syntax, the other does not) and assumed this a feature, not a bug, though it may be more useful to just eliminate the color-syntax copy all together when holding shift.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:18 pm   

I've encountered the same problem with the double-paste, which neither a complete reinstall nor reboots could fix.

However, I do seem to have found the root of the problem, at least in my case, being that of unclicking the 'Enable Menu Key Shortcuts' under command line.

On that note, I don't suppose it is at all possible to simply disable a *single* menu key function, that being buttons? It's massively irritating to try and paste something, miss, and have to deal with ugly buttons popping up on your screen.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:24 pm   

You can't technically disable it, but you can use a macro to prevent the normal behavior from happening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:28 pm   

Oh, excellent! Could you explain this to me in a little greater detail?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: