Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bill Shue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 4:14 pm   

Transporting settings

What is the best way to transfer my settings (buttons, macros,triggers, maps) between my work machine and home machine. Both machines are same OS and version of Zmud. I'm getting alot of errors when tring just to copy the files.
Crymson4
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:07 pm   

The most common (and only to my knowledge) is to copy the characters .mud file to the same directory on the other computer. The .mud files hold all the triggers/buttons/macros/aliases etc for that character. If it won't accept it, perhaps the medium you are transferring it with is corrupted (i.e. disk?) Maybe email it to yourself. *shrug*

-=Crysmon

Reality is the effect of alcohol deficiency
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:40 pm   

Output the settings to a text file on one computer and import at the other. You can put the file on a floppy/CD or just email it to yourself.

For individual settings that need to be transferred; cut-and-paste the script from the settings editor to an email, send the email to yourself, then cut-and-paste from the email to the settings editor.

Maps could be a problem, copying the file is the only practical way I can think of to do that.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: