Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:10 am   

I see your 5am and raise you a didn't-sleep-at-all-last-night Wink

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm   

Fang: It doesn't tell you about the image map because any text in the topic would also show up in the CMUD Help window itself. And if there was text telling you that you can click on the images, then people in the Help window in CMUD would complain that it doesn't work. So, until I can figure out if it's possible to support the image maps within CMUD, I probably won't add any text about the image maps.

And yes, the advanced drop-down menu will be documented.

Some other stuff has come up today, so there probably won't be more help updates till tomorrow.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:11 pm   

How about adding images with the explanatory text in them? Then do whatever magic you did with the image maps in the first place to have them NOT placed in the help documents.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:15 pm   

No, that doesn't work either. Images *are* displayed in the CMUD help window. It's just the <MAP> tag for making image-maps that is ignored. Any text that shows up on the web page will also show up in the help window.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:10 pm   

Ah, sorry I didn't pay close enough attention.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 am   

OK, I've gotten all of the details of the various Preferences topics all documented now. I also added topics on Simutronics and Pueblo emulation.

Tomorrow I will continue to fill in some other various missing topics. I'll also document the Shared Package Library and the Sessions screen.

At some point I need to decide how to organize the new Feature Reference section. I don't think I really want it alphabetical, but the current topic order is pretty messy. I don't know...maybe alphabetical would be better.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:48 am   

I don't think alphabetical would be too great, since people won't generally know what it is they're looking for before starting browsing. Organisation by topic would be more useful.

At the moment, it is (roughly) organised by topic but the problem is that there are no topic separators. I'd suggest grouping the different topics (all the settings together, Packages with the Package Library and the Package Editor, and so on). There are some things that are already grouped this way (Automapper, Database, Preferences) and probably don't need changing, and there are other ones that probably don't need putting in a group since they're fairly miscellaneous.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:32 pm   

Well, it looks like that's all the Help topics I'm going to get done today. We just discovered that our Help Desk application has been putting valid emails into the Spam filter ever since we upgraded Help Spot a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally pay attention to the Spam folder since it has *never* gotten a valid support request put into it. Obviously the spam algorithm in the new update has a bug and now we have a hundred support requests to answer today. Since we are out of the office this weekend, we have to get these emails done tonight.

I was able to get many help topics filled in today. I did the Package Library, Help system, Sessions screen, and a few other topics. I also added some code to allow me to properly delete topics in future versions of CMUD.

I haven't checked the help system for bad links yet, but hopefully I'll get to that next week. Next week I'll be releasing a stand-alone version of the help viewer so that people can access the help files without running CMUD. This should be pretty easy. I'll also be fixing a couple of remaining problems with the help window at the same time. After that is released, then I'll be starting in on the high priority bugs that need to be fixed for the next CMUD version.

My top priority will start with the Multiplaying bugs that remain. In fact, I have specifically *not updated* the Multiplaying section of the help file yet. I want to wait until I have a chance to work on the code and decide how it should work better, and then document the new behavior, rather than documenting the bugs in the current version.
Post new entry   Reply to entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: