Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg Software :: View Entry - Time
Post new entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:03 am   

Time

Today I'm reminded of the song by Pink Floyd: Time.
Quote:
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

So how'd it get to be nearly the end of March already Question

It's hard to believe how fast time is moving. I'm working more hours than ever before, and yet there is still so much to do with zApp, even before I start focusing on eMobius.

I keep thinking that I should just stop working on zApp, but I will need a lot of these zApp features in eMobius itself. So it's not like I'm wasting time. Even documenting is helpful since it will help me remember how zApp works when I'm in the middle of eMobius.

But some days it gets pretty depressing. On the surface, eMobius is actually worse off than it was a couple of months ago, because I haven't yet added some of the column features to the new DevExpress grid that I'll need for eMobius.

I still need to evaluate and buy a full-text-index component (I have one in mind, but haven't had a chance to spend much time with it yet). Much of the backend message store stuff is complete, but the synchronization with the local cache database still isn't working as well as it should. I've probably got at least a week's worth of work just tweaking this backend stuff.

Not to mention implementing all of the user option screens, the spam filtering engine, the attachment handling, the contact interface, etc, etc. Once again I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed by the size of this project. I've got the design all figured out, but each day that I program I only seem to get a fraction of what I intended to accomplish.

Somebody just needs to go turn down "Time" so that it doesn't run so fast!
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:27 am   

I understand completely how you feel. I am in the same boat. It really does feel like time is speeding up. I have so many things I want to program but it seems my time for completing these is getting less and less.

Please keep up the work on zApp and don't give up on eMobius. zApp really is a work of genius and has the potential to become a highly used application development environment. When zApp gets more mature I was planning on doing a presentation to my bosses. I was also hoping on eventually creating a users group in the future - but - time is so precious and limited.

My signature that I just updated was on a sign I saw on the way home the other day. I didn't quite get how it applied to my life but it stuck with me and I actual have been thinking about it a lot lately. I am starting to see how it fits in now.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:29 pm   

Yeah there's definately something up with time at the moment, or maybe it's just the company biting off more than its staff can chew... we definately need another 1-2 programmers and some dedicated support staff, but the chances of that happening are highly rare.

It's really annoying, I have 4 pressing projects open (all of them overdue now) and I'm being whisked off to meetings to add more projects to that pile instead of actually completing what needs to be done before taking more on board.

I like that sig, though in my current case its not the anchor that's faulty, its the fact that they loaded more weight than the ship could carry, but it's applied in the past somewhat.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:35 am   

Btw Zugg, can ya open a blog topic about WoW / EQ2 / MMO / use of spare time for relaxation ;)

When you have the spare time to open said blog that is :)
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:46 pm   

:P I hate WoW... got my gf addicted XD (and i dont have it so yeh)

Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
Post new entry   Reply to entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: