Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kdberg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:11 am   

A Yet Simpler #TAG Question

All triggers are turned off, except for:

#TRIGGER {Southern Hall of the Lyceum.} {#TAG Name {Southern Hall.}}

I go into Map - Reconfigure, change the direction to north (which will move me into the room who's name is "Southern Hall of the Lyceum.", up the timing from 5 to 7 seconds and click next.

The panel with "Select the options: room name, description, and exits" comes up, all checkboxes preselected, and I click next.

The congratulations panel comes up saying that the configuration was successful. The right side of the panel gives the legend for the left side: room name is in blue, description green, and exits in red.

Looking to the left side of the panel NO text is in blue. The entire room name is black, and based on my #TAG command I am expecting "Southern Hall." to appear in blue.
Right???

BTW, the room description and exits are correctly shown in green and red respectively.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:06 am   

quote:

All triggers are turned off, except for:

#TRIGGER {Southern Hall of the Lyceum.} {#TAG Name {Southern Hall.}}

I go into Map - Reconfigure, change the direction to north (which will move me into the room who's name is "Southern Hall of the Lyceum.", up the timing from 5 to 7 seconds and click next.

The panel with "Select the options: room name, description, and exits" comes up, all checkboxes preselected, and I click next.

The congratulations panel comes up saying that the configuration was successful. The right side of the panel gives the legend for the left side: room name is in blue, description green, and exits in red.

Looking to the left side of the panel NO text is in blue. The entire room name is black, and based on my #TAG command I am expecting "Southern Hall." to appear in blue.
Right???

BTW, the room description and exits are correctly shown in green and red respectively.

Any time you use #TAG, you need to have a #TAG for your prompt regardless of whether the automapper can detect it automatically.

Since the above is the only trigger active, ZMud has no #TAG prompt command to reference and so has no idea what to tag as a room name (even if you tell it as explicitly as you have).

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
kdberg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:08 pm   

Thanks. I didn't notice that anywhere in the documentation. It did the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: