Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zero
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:46 am   

more fun with #tag

As soon as I add the line #tag vnum %1 to my triggers, the mapper no longer responds. The trigger is

VNUM:%1]

and it is triggering off of my prompt which looks like this

[H:9101/9000 V:900/900 M:906/906] [VNUM:12524] >

I have to disable the trigger and re-autoconfigure the mapper to make it start working again. I'd just like the REAL vnum of the room to be shown on the map. BTW, this, of course, worked fine in 6.16. Oh, and don't tell me to add a ~ before the ] because it doesn't work that way either.

www.modmud.com
modmud.com:7500

"There is not one shred of evidence that life is supposed to be serious."
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:46 am   

I've never gotten the mapper to automatically grab the vnum. What I do is create a trigger to store it in a variable:
#TRIGGER {~[VNUM:(%d)~]} {#VAR vnum %1}

and then use a macro to set the room's vnum:
#KEY KEY0 {#NOOP %roomnum(, @vnum)}

The script could set the vnum automatically, but the problem is that the %roomnum function will fail if the mapper is still creating the room. Since there is no way of finding by code when the mapper is finished creating the room, it is best to let the user decide when the vnum should be changed.

Kjata
zero
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:12 am   

Ok.. now that really seems odd. I would think grabbing the vnum of the room to place it on the mapper would be a fairly basic function. Seems kinda silly to have Zmud assign vnums that have no relationship to the actual vnums of the map. Assuming there is some way to get this to work, could you imagine the help this would be to builders? Is there a way to delay the capture of vnum so it would be captured after the room was built and wouldn't be a manual process?

www.modmud.com
modmud.com:7500

"There is not one shred of evidence that life is supposed to be serious."
tcrown007
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:07 am   

I have no trouble setting the room color using %roomcol or the room description using %roomdesc on the fly while mapping.

When I tag the name of the room, I also store it in a variable.

Then when I trigger to tag the prompt, I also call an alias that sets the roomcol to the value I captured upon entering. It will update the room as you leave to go to the next room.

It does set it accurately every single time. I've mapped about 8000 rooms this way the last few days.

Hth,
TC
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:23 am   

Yes, it can be made to wait, but then you can't move from the room until the wait is over, or else the trigger catches the other vnum and then the vnum is set incorrectly or not at all.

As for it working with a trigger that fires on the prompt, I don't know. When I was making my map, it worked until I passed a certain number of rooms and then room creation got a bit slower. After that, it simply did not add the vnum.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: