Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:19 am   

Need help with a script (How to)

I havent ever used Zmud, but i see there are ways to make some triggers etc. I have found a game Mutants that I played a long time ago and was wondering if I could get a script to work in the game with zmud.
Basically I hold monster bait then a monster will come through the time portal to attack me.

(name of monster) yells: Gimmie that monster bait, Dragon, or die!!!

When this happens is there a way to get the script to attack (the monster, it is random which come through) Basically need help on targeting the monster that came through the portal.

Or if anyone has a program set up for mutants or where to get some scripts that would be cool. Email is cpqa_1@hotmail.com , Thanks for the help.

Dragon
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:27 am   

There are several wildcards which might be appropriate here, see the helpfile "Pattern Matching" which can be found from the Index as "Patterns". The most likely are * and %w, depending on whether you need the entire name of the monster (the big green ogre) or just the last word (ogre). Just the last word is the most common.
#TR {(%w) yells: Gimmie that monster bait, Dragon} {attack %1}

LightBulb
Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:46 am   

Thanks Lightbulb for replying. I will test it out when I get off of work.
I can also let a group of monsters gather and cast a spell how would I go about setting a timer to "cast" every 3 minutes, I would also have to cast the spell 3 times in a row and would like to heal after casting 3 times (command to heal is heal).
(It automatically casts the spell memorize, the command is cast to send the Area effect spell)

Thanks,
Dragon
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:25 am   

Use the #ALARM command. You should probably use a #CLASS to control whether it's active.
#CLASS AreaTimer disable
#ALA *3:00 {cast}
#ALA *9:02 {heal}
#CLASS 0
Use #T+ AreaTimer to turn this on and #T- AreaTimer to turn it off (you can use #ALIAS to simplify those commands).

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: