Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hatespyware
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:24 am   

multiplaying

Hi. Would someone please help guide me through the process of setting up multiple characters for use on the same mud? I'd like to have them share maps and dbs but have different triggers and aliases. My setup used to just enable specific trigger groups based on which character logged in, but this doesn't work with multiple simultaneous logins. So, I reinstalled clean and created the first character. OK so far. Then, I created a second character... A second connection is made, and another copy of my existing map pops up... so far, so good. Unfortunately, when I bring up the triggers and aliases, all of the first characters' stuff is there. What is the proper way to do this?

Also, I seemed to have seperated the settings window - the navigation window and the window where you enter in your pattern/alias/etc are now two seperate winows... How do I 'redock' the two? I tried layout->reset windows->all windows, but that either just pops up a macro recorder (if I push cancel, it crashes).

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
hatespyware
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:40 am   

At the character selection screen, select a character and click Edit. Go to the Files tab and change the Primary file.

I usually use the Browse button (folder icon) so I can make a copy of the existing settings file and rename it. After saving, I then open the character Offline, and delete any settings I don't actually want. I find it's easier to delete than to remake.

I've never experienced the docking problem, but the standard advice is to make sure you have Lock Layout off, and Dockable on, then drag the editing window around until you find the hotspot. Or, if that doesn't work, to find and delete the settings.dok file.

LightBulb
hatespyware
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:11 am   

Superb advice, Lightbulb! Thank you very much for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: