Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Solan Thommad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:03 pm   

How to change the 'type' when entering a new item

I can't change the 'type' (portal, faction shrine, workshop, etc.) when I enter a new item in the edit tab. Is there another way to enter new places?
Solan Thommad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:09 pm   

I guess I should point out I am using zExplorer for AC2. I don't remember having this trouble with AC Explorer.

Edit: While I am at this (and have found Edit), will zExplorer take terrain into account? It's even more important in AC2 than in AC.

And, how can I tell the database that something does not exist? I can delete things in my own database, but they come back when I update. Can I go to the database directly, or do I have to use the 'publish' option in zExplorer.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:49 am   

Doesn't using the pull-down box that has the item type work? If not, let me know.

zExplorer currently doesn't know anything about terrain. I'll be adding this feature in the future. At that point I'll try to decode the data files to find the terrain info for AC2. Hopefully it will be similar to AC1.

Right now the AC-Spedia database doesn't really support Deleting locations. Only the person that originally published the location (or the database admins) can delete a location. I'm working on a way to locally "hide" items so that they look deleted that will be maintained across an update.

AC Explorer handled deleted items differently than zExplorer because zExplorer uses a real database whereas AC Explorer just had a bunch of text files. So, it's a bit tricky handling some of the old functionality. But eventually this will all get handled correctly.

Solan Thommad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:32 am   

Ah, thank you for your answers.

As for the drop down menu, I don't seem to find one. I see the icon in the edit window, but there is no drop down menu when I click on or near it nor is there a box around the icon. Is it somewhere else?

The one time I tried to add an item this is how it went:

I selected an existing workshop
went to Edit
clicked on 'new' (The workshop icon remained)
added the data for the new workshop
hit 'save'
got a small yellow square, IIRC, which is an icon not found in the 'show' menu.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:35 am   

Directly beneath the icon that shows the type of the location is the pulldown menu with the type. So, directly below the word "Kind:" and directly to the right of the destination coordinates. Not sure how else to describe it...it's there on my system.

Solan Thommad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:15 am   

: blushes deeply.

Okay, I feel quite stupid right now. My only excuse (and it's weak) is that it was too big and not where I was looking for it. I thought I clicked on the symbol.....

: will go back to making sure portals have real exits.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: