Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:55 pm   

Happy New Year

Continue your good work in 2003, way to go!

Btw ;) any ETA on the next version?
Terrain sensitive routing?
Real Time Tracking?

These features would really make the difference between zExplorer and freely available maps. Most people i know in AC2 dont see a reason to buy zExplorer at the moment, time to get new customers...
Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:57 pm   

oh.. btw.. last update to zExplorer was three months ago...
Manx
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:33 pm   

Gee thanks for letting us know.

Manx
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:44 am   

Yeah, gee, thanks for letting me know. I hate these kind of messages that start sounding like encouragement and then shot me in the back like that. Thanks.

As you may know by looking through this web site, I produce several products, not just zExplorer. I'm only one person and can only work on one thing at a time. I try to priortize and partition my work based upon number of paying customers. Even though zMUD accounts for most of my income, I had not done a public version of zMUD in over 2 years. So, I've been spending a lot of time getting that to a stable point to please most of my customers.

I'll soon be posting my yearly "New Years" message descripting my planned schedule for the coming year. zExplorer and zMapper will be getting a *lot* of priority during the coming year. However, I still have some work to finish with zMUD, so you'll have to be patient and wait another month or two.

Try to remember that AC Explorer didn't have the features you mentioned until AC had been running for about 2 years!!! So anything I do for AC2 will be an improvement on that.

The reason to buy zExplorer is that a) it currently *does* support AC2, and b) I have a well-established track record for delivering my promises and supporting my products. Remind them that people who had purchased AC Explorer got zExplorer for free, even though I never promised that. Remind them that zExplorer can support "other" games, since they probably won't be playing AC2 for the rest of their lives.

The more people that buy zExplorer now, the more paying customers I have and the more priority zExplorer will get. If there are more customers paying for zExplorer compared to zMUD, then obviously zExplorer will become my top priority.

Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:35 am   

Hi Zugg, thanks for your answer, good to know that you are still working on it.

The problem with buying zExplorer at the moment is that it lacks features that will make it different from freely available tools. AC Explorer was a free product until it had this features and a free version is still available. This lead to the great popularity of the tool.

I believe in you to deliver a great program, i know that from my past experiences.

I try to talk to friends to buy it... Will look for your post with the plan for the year, but I guess most will wait till they see a feature that is not available everywhere else for free.

Thanks
Vu
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: