Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xiani

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:35 pm   

infinite null link looping on automapper

I can't seem to manually link rooms and then have the automapper actually follow those links correctly.

I'll be in a room I'll call 5730. I'll enter the command ">climb cliff" to create 5731. Now 5730 is linked to 5731 as an Other link with the command "climb cliff".

I open up properties and link 5731 to 5730 with an Other link with command "climb down".

If I switch off mapping mode, I can go between these rooms on the mapper just fine. However, if I leave mapping on, and type "climb down" from 5731, the mapper goes into an infinite loop creating null links from 5731 to 5731.

This happens every time. Am I doing something wrong or is this buggy?

Xiani
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:11 pm   

Can't reproduce this. Try creating the first link (the climb cliff one) without using the > syntax. Then create the link in the other way and see if the error still happens.

Kjata
xiani

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:27 pm   

I tried creating the link manually first, and it still went into this infinite null link loop (and I tried it on multiple cliffs).

Another odd thing is that caves are working for me with exits "enter hole" and "out".
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:10 pm   

So this only happens with the climb cliff/climb down combination?

Kjata
xiani

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:34 am   

I tested it once trying "climb cliff" and "out" and still got the bug, but I only did that once.

Are there any situations where the automapper is supposed to create a null link from a room to itself?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:44 pm   

Yes, but it is not a null link. If you move out of a room and end up in the same room, it creates a link exiting from the room and entering the same room, but it is not null.

You will probably have to e-mail Zugg about this to see what he has to say. He will probably need you to send him your map.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: