Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Raithun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:46 am   

zMUD stripping out part of the MUX command

For whatever reason, with the newest version --- 6.39a --- when I enter MUX commands with the format "+foo/bar", zMUD sends only "bar" to the MUX. It works if I preface the command with '@fo me=', due (as I determined after testing) to the special character @. Does anyone know what option I need to turn off so that it will let me enter the command normally, without @fo me=?
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:58 am   

i'll go ahead and say this before you get blasted by someone else :P
read the beta forum
read the other posts here (theres one not 10 posts below yours)
its part of the new OOP zuggs adding and for now the only thing you can do is prefix the character with a tilde
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:19 pm   

Okay, Emit, I'll go ahead and blast then.

While 6.39a is the newest version, it's clearly marked as a BETA version. That means it's NOT an upgrade to 6.16, which is the latest PUBLIC version, but is an upgrade to any earlier BETA version you might be using.

When you choose to use a BETA version, you become a BETA tester. As a BETA tester, you are expected to be aware that one of the drawbacks of BETA versions is that they frequently have bugs. That, after all, is the main purpose of BETA testing -- to provide additional eyes to help the programmer find the bugs. To this end, Zugg has set up a separate forum, the BETA forum, where the BETA programs and their bugs may be discussed.

If you intend to continue as a BETA tester (if you intend to continue using 6.39a or any other BETA version), you should obtain access to that forum NOW. Access is readily available, it should only take you a minute or two to complete the application process. Once you have access, you should become a regular (daily) reader of that forum. That's your responsibility to Zugg in return for the privilege of using one of his BETA programs.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: