Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Manx
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:25 am   

Speed Menus - Checkmarks

Is there a way to use checkmarks in menus that are toggled when the menu item is clicked?

Manx
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:40 pm   

No, but you can include a variable in the name of the menu that expands to some text which lets you know if it is enabled or not. Example menu name:
AutoKill (@autoKState)

where the variable @autoKState will have a value of either "enabled" or "disabled" and the script for the menu item toggles the value of this variable.

Kjata
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:31 pm   

quote:

No, but you can include a variable in the name of the menu that expands to some text which lets you know if it is enabled or not. Example menu name:
AutoKill (@autoKState)

where the variable @autoKState will have a value of either "enabled" or "disabled" and the script for the menu item toggles the value of this variable.

Kjata

Does this work? Last time I tried this in 6.16 the variable would get set properly and the correct script would run but the menu caption would never refresh until I messed with the menu/button it was attached to.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:30 am   

Don't know about 6.16, but I tried it in 6.39a and it works fine. Also, I don't remember anything in the version history about a bug fix dealing with this.

Kjata
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:23 am   

Actually is was about v6.24 or so that I found and reported a bug with menus and multistate buttons not getting updated. As to how long the bug existed, well I guess all the way back to 6.16. You can still try it again and see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: