Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

atholbrose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:02 am   

Quickly creating "stub" links...

...is there already a way within ZMapper to create stub links? In other words, if I'm mapping a room in an adventure game, and I know the room has five exits, I want to be able to place empty links in the directions I don't go so I can remember to come back and explore in those directions later. Right now, I can do this by going into the room's properties and creating new links and giving them a Dir direction and nothing else, but this is a bit time consuming. It'd be real useful to be able to do this as a part of keyboard creation, i.e. shift-8 creates a stub going north.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:58 pm   

Your keyboard creation idea is a good one...I'll add that to the list.

With the mouse, you can click on the Link tool, click on the edge of the map, then click about one-room away in the empty space of the map (if you click too close it thinks you are trying to make a link that wraps back to the same room).

That's still a bit tedious though, so I like your keyboard idea.

I might also do something like: click the Link tool, then Ctrl-click on the edge of the room to create a stub.

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:42 pm   

Not a bad idea.
Is there a method to do this thru zmud via a com call or something.

That way I could create a trigger to check all exits and add empty links, if the link does not exist.

Guess Besides being able to create the empty link vial COM call or some other command, I would also need to some way to determine if a link has already been created in that direction.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.37a
Zmapper Version 1.14
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:33 am   

Take a look at the COM interface for zMapper described in the help file. There is a Null properly for links that can be used to test and set null (stub) links.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: