Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Ashbane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:31 pm   

Most portal destination coords = 0.0

Just reinstalled after quitting AC long ago and restarting with AC2. Been a while, sorry if this is my own mistake.

Just installed zExplorer on my work pc, Windows XP, and most of the portal destinations all point to 0s 0e.

I've seen this before back when I played AC, I think uninstalling/reinstalling made it work for a while. Wanted to know if there was an actual fix for this this time rather than just reinstalling every so often.

At home I run Windows2k and don't know if it'll do the same there. Will know more later.

Thanks.

Ashbane
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:06 am   

Use the Update/Date Files menu option to download the latest data from the AC Spedia site. Then you'll see a lot of the portals are fixed. If you find others that are not fixed, feel free to set them yourself and then use the Publish button in the Edit panel to publish your changes to the AC Spedia site for others to use.

Ashbane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:51 pm   

I did the update and it still does it.

Am I the only one who sees this or does everyone have to go through and update a couple dozen portal destinations when they install this?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:36 am   

The data files are constantly being updated by players of the game. So, yes, you should always run the Update Datafiles option after installing. I update the master file that is downloaded with zMapper every month or so, but there will always be newer data...that's exactly why the program is useful...players themselves can add data.

About the portals...there are plenty of portals with exit info. If a portal doesn't have an exit, then ADD IT. That's the advantage of the player-generated data...anyone can add items to the database, or add comments.

The problem is that there are people who find a new portal in the game and then add it without determining the exit of the portal. This makes sense since some portals are one-way and it might be dangerous to explore unknown portals. But again, it's the nature of the game and the discovery and exploration. There are always going to be new locations every month that players will need to add.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: