Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

IceChild
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:14 am   

[1.15] Feature Request: Startup

Ok, I just got zmapper installed on my system after any issues with windows, and I've discovered something that is already, somewhat annoying to me.

When I start ZMapper, it always starts browsing only in the Windows folder. Is there any way we could get it to remember the the last folder it searched in? or even if it started looking in the zMapper folder. Anything but Windows

Another feature that might be nice to incorperate would be an "Automatically open the last viewed map" option. Of course, this wouldn't be done if it was fired from within zMUD, but it'd be nice for those custom-mapping jobs.

And another question if I may (so I dont have to start another thread). Any plans for plugin support?

I'm going to be spending some time this christmas break writing some zmud plugins (heck, might even buy the devel kit, and release them), and after talking with some of the builders on the MUD where I code, they'd love to see the option to say open a ROM .are file within zMapper and have it auto-display. While this is outside the realm of zMapper as a whole, it would be something that could REALLY be nice for a plugin. So I guess I'm just asking, are we going to get a plugin API? or is there already one in the works? or in there already?

Hope this isn't to confusing.

Icechild
Coder of Arthanox
rui
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:35 pm   

Totally agree with 1st 2 :)

Rui
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:47 am   

Yep, I plan lots of improvements like that. I tend to work on user interface tweaks, like saving directories, loading most recent map, and stuff like that, once I get the main functionality working. zMapper is still a pretty early project (you should have seen zMUD around v1.x :)

Anyway, currently it starts browsing in the current working directory. So, if you right-click on the zMapper shortcut, go to Properties and change the Current Working directory, then it should start browsing there.

Dweller
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:02 pm   

Reading Rom area files? Now that's an interesting idea. I've been building an offline editor using Visual Basic, using a modified rom format - so it shouldn't be all that difficult to write a plugin (once available) for zmapper to read the area file directly.

Now you've got me itching to try to do this.

Zugg, hurry up on the plugin support :) and a development kit for zmapper :)

lastaeriemud.com 1212
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: