Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

stumpede

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:44 pm   

plugin trouble

I have zmud ver 6.16. I installed zmapper ver 1.14. I've read a few posts stating that when zmapper is installed it automatically installs the plugin to zmud. However, when I check plugins in zmud it isn't listed. I unlicensed zmapper and uninstalled and reinstalled and relicensed it with the same result. I did that 3 times and tried uninstalling both zmud and zmapper twice and rebooting I don't know how many times and I still am not seeing the zmapper plugin listed in zmud. I am clueless as to what to try next. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Stumpede
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:38 am   

As mentioned many places in this forum, zMapper is only useable in the latest BETA version of zMUD. zMUD 6.16 is 2 years old and does not use zMapper. You need the 6.38 BETA version of zMUD.

stumpede

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:18 am   

I failed to see that. Thanks for pointing out my sillyness.

Stumpede
ShadowDrakken
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:47 am   

I'm running zMUD 6.40 final and zMapper 1.15 BETA

zMapper shows up in the plugins fin, and lets me check and uncheck it, but it never seems to actually load (at least, there's no visible sign of it loading beyond the plugin dialog saying so)... no new menu items, no new mapper functions... nothing :
am I missing something here?
Phazic
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:34 am   

What I've noticed what the plugin does is allow you to do some editing from within Zmud itself, I believe a previous example was ctrl-click on the room and see if the resizing handles pop up. Also when you're in map mode you should see an edit button appear after the zoom buttons which will open up Zmapper. The other added benefits of the plugin is that you can utilize the COM scripting component of Zmapper and that when you check a room's properties, you will see extra fields for exit type, offset, and room type So it's rather subtle, nothing like seeing the palette tabs appear or extra buttons appear on the tools but it does something.

-Phazic
zMapper 1.15/zMUD 6.40 on WinXP
ShadowDrakken
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:43 am   

ah, ok I see the edit button... thanks tons! it'd be really sweet if the zMapper plugin could actually replace or fully extend the default mapper as well, rather than having to open it via the Edit button... but still its nice to have... maybe nice enough I'll go ahead and get it payday =^_^=
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:58 am   

Unfortunately, there is no way to do that, other than included the entire code for zMapper within zMUD itself. As you can see, the zMUD mapper window includes a lot of stuff that zMapper doesn't handle, like speedwalking, scripts, etc. So, if zMapper replaced the zMUD mapper, then people would lose a lot of functionality and would be upset. The best way to handle this was to just open zMapper as an "editor" window rather than trying to change the zMUD window itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: