Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zoltyn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:47 pm   

Blank lines?

Ok this is a problem bothering me. the MUD I play uses several channels which I capture in one window each. By default, each channel also has a blank line after a message just to get things tidy.

BUT, if two messages arrive really close to each other/Something else happens the same tick, then there is no blank line, several things can come at once.

So my problem then, is that I cannot cap the channel message AND delete the blank with a gag -1, since it might delete something I want to see if there isn't a blank sent along woth the message. Using gag 2 or whatever doesn't work for some reason.

Only thing I can think of is some kind of trigger checking for the number of blank lines in a row, if there already is one blank line in the window, and another one is sent, it should be gagged.

Anyone have ideas?
Regards
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:33 pm   

quote:

Ok this is a problem bothering me. the MUD I play uses several channels which I capture in one window each. By default, each channel also has a blank line after a message just to get things tidy.

BUT, if two messages arrive really close to each other/Something else happens the same tick, then there is no blank line, several things can come at once.

So my problem then, is that I cannot cap the channel message AND delete the blank with a gag -1, since it might delete something I want to see if there isn't a blank sent along woth the message. Using gag 2 or whatever doesn't work for some reason.

Only thing I can think of is some kind of trigger checking for the number of blank lines in a row, if there already is one blank line in the window, and another one is sent, it should be gagged.

Anyone have ideas?
Regards

Does the blank lines or lack thereof interfere with capturing? For example, you get all of one and only a part of the other. If everything is capturing correctly but you just don't want the blank lines, I suggest leaving the capture triggers as they are and creating a blank-line trigger to gag the blanks as they get sent to the capture window. This trigger needs to go into the settings file for that particular window.

EDIT: Aside from that, you could perhaps leave an always-on blank line trigger in your main settings file and get rid of every blank line ever sent to you.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: