Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Jaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:56 am   

zExplorer with a Proxy?

I am curious - zExplorer on a direct connect (to the internet) machine runs just fine, but when I try to run it from a machine that goes through a proxy, it chokes. Are there certain ports that need to be opened up for traffic for zExplorer to work properly, or could the install be corrupted somehow? It simply never finishes initializing (giving no error message), and never tried to auto-update itself. I manually installed the latest version, still chokes and never finishes the init.

-= Jaga
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:48 pm   

zExplorer is trying to download it's latest configuration file from www.zuggsoft.com. Seems like it should just timeout and give an error, but I'll look into that.

You can edit the zexplorer.ini file and you should see a couple of lines where you can specify the host and port of your web proxy. You'll have to edit that file manually using Notepad though.

Jaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:50 pm   

Ah, that makes sense. Sounds like it's not using a HTTP or FTP standard port, so I'll go check what it really is trying to use and open it up if necessary. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

-= Jaga
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: