Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
blu-nightbreed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:34 am   

ACX Server issue

Since upgrading I can't run ACX server. It says "Cannot run server on port 4060." Choosing any other port gives me the same message.

No firewall running.

Suggestions?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:28 am   

Hmm, I have no idea. Sounds like there is something really wierd with the network setup on your computer. I can't think of any reason you can't run a server, unless this is some sort of public server and the sys admin has removed that privilege for user accounts or something like that.

blu-nightbreed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:25 pm   

Nope -- straight-up TCP/IP Windows network under XPPro, 5 PC's on it, with DHCP done by my router.

Running ACX server, AC, and AC Explorer all on the same PC, too.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:51 pm   

Just tried it on both of my WinXP systems here without any problem. I have no idea what to suggest. The error message just means that when ACX Server tried to start listening on that port (4060), it got an error from the Windows network software. Usually this just means that there is some other server already running on that port, or that some software on your system is preventing access to that port.

Make sure you aren't trying to run ACX Server twice or something silly like that. Otherwise, there must be something on your system that is preventing the server from running. But I'm not enough of a network/sysadmin to really know what else to suggest, sorry.

Turgis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:15 pm   

late I know but I had this problem when I had mirc open on my pc, closed it and it started working again.
blu-nightbreed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:37 pm   

Actually, i'm still having this issue.

Frustrating because I once again have dual monitor support and I'd love to run ACE again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled ACE and the ACE server. No luck.

I have no firewall on this PC, because it's behind a router.

And I don't run Mirc.

*shrug*
Sortileger
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:59 pm   

try running netstat -a at the command prompt and see what TCP/IP tells you about your ports. It will list all ports that are in use at the time. This might help you locate why it won't load.

Sortileger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: