Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:20 am   

config help with zmud mapper on medievia mud

The mapper (Zmud 6.16) doesn't seem to catch the prompt on the Medievia mud. The prompt looks like this:

[CLNEWS]<202hp 344m 470mv 100br> Entrance to the Medievia Suburbs

and can be followed with a lot of info, like this:

To the north lies the main residential area of the city, the Suburbs. Most of
the traffic appears to be heading south, however, to the center of the City of
Medievia itself.
A small bag is here.
A red dress has been left here...glowing with a pale aura
A tiny silver horseshoe was dropped here.
A pair of leather pants is lying on the ground.
A morgan horse is tethered to a post nearby.
Obvious exits:
North - Appletree Drive
South - Windstrider Road

I was able to manually configure the mapper to catch the exit info, but can't get it to catch the room name. I tried a trigger and tag, like this:

#tr{~[CLNEWS~]~<*~> %1} {#TAG name %1}; but I've got something goofed up. Can anyone point out my mistake?

Thanks!
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:40 am   

#tr{~[CLNEWS~]~<*~> (*)$} {#TAG name %1}

Is my first thought, but anyone feel free to chime in. I'm not 100% certain. I do know for sure that whatever you want to capture into the %1 of your #TAG command has to be enclosed in parentheses.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:57 am   

You shouldn't need to use %*, it's an extremely risky wildcard.

The two mistakes I spotted right off the bat are %1 in the trigger phrase (should probably use * instead) and no space between #tr and the beginning of the phrase (probably a typo). I also suspect that [CLNEWS] won't always be there. Here's what I'd recommend:
#TR {~<(%d)hp (%d)m (%d)mv (%d)br~>} {#TAG prompt;#VAR hp %1;#VAR mana %2;#VAR move %3;#VAR br %4} {} {nocr|prompt}
#TR {~<%dhp %dm %dmv %dbr~> (*)$} {#TAG name {%1}} {} {nocr|prompt}

Your best bet though, would be to find another Medievia/zMUD user who's successfully running the mapper and ask them. Hopefully, one will respond here.

LightBulb
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:08 am   

quote:

You shouldn't need to use %*, it's an extremely risky wildcard.

The two mistakes I spotted right off the bat are %1 in the trigger phrase (should probably use * instead) and no space between #tr and the beginning of the phrase (probably a typo). I also suspect that [CLNEWS] won't always be there. Here's what I'd recommend:
#TR {~<(%d)hp (%d)m (%d)mv (%d)br~>} {#TAG prompt;#VAR hp %1;#VAR mana %2;#VAR move %3;#VAR br %4} {} {nocr|prompt}
#TR {~<%dhp %dm %dmv %dbr~> (*)$} {#TAG name {%1}} {} {nocr|prompt}

Your best bet though, would be to find another Medievia/zMUD user who's successfully running the mapper and ask them. Hopefully, one will respond here.

LightBulb

Thanks for the replies, guys. Unfortunately neither suggestion worked. (I left out the "nocr" as I couldn't figure out where in the options it went.) I then tried the setprompt command, #SETP, {setp "<" hp mana mv br} and #tr {^~> (*)$} {#tag name}. I put everything from (setp <=> br) on the pattern line for the setprompt trigger - I'm not sure if that was the right way, but the instructions for setprompt are not explicit - I assume it wasn't, since it didn't work : ). Any more ideas? If you're using Zmud on Medievia, please bail me out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: