Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:28 pm   

You can now update Portal Exits!

The server files have been updated so that you can now publish the exit coordinates for Portals. Simply select the portal, click the Edit tab in zExplorer. Enter the correct exit coordinates, then click the Publish button.

You can now also edit the contents of your own Notes that you have added to a location. When editing your note, just click the Publish button and your note will be updated to your new text. You can only edit Notes that you are the author of.

You do not need any new software to use these new features. These features were added to the server, and zExplorer was already coded to take advantage of these features.

I'll release a new version of zExplorer in a week or so that lets you do some new things, like delete notes.

Enjoy!

cordin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:11 pm   

still some problems i'm having:
i cannot select some of teh portals with no exit coords... will have to update in files directly... but that's not fun and is not how it's intended to work

thanks for the update :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:50 pm   

Can you be more specific about this? I just zoom into the map and click on the portal, then set the exit location. If there is a portal you can't click on, tell me what specific portal you are having trouble with.

Also, you can select the portal from the Nearby list on the left, then click the Edit tab and edit it that way too.

cordin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:32 pm   

Gateway to Omishan (12.5S,3.8E)

zoom... there is a 0.0 portal there, but i cannot target the location...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:03 am   

You should probably do an Update Datafiles. I just did that and 3 different "Gateway to Omishan" portals show up, and the one at (12.5S,3.8E) already seems to have a destination. Also, I can click on it just fine.

Remember that if you can't click on it, you can always select it from the list on the left, or go to the Search tab, enter what you want to search for and click on it in that list. Lots of ways to do this.

But apparently someone else already has updated this portal destination.

cordin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:58 am   

yes thanks...

only my slow brain hindering me from greatness :/ hehe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: