Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
myddrun
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 pm   

How do I ignore certain lines when using subregex

I'm using some code to grab a list of all players on line at a given time. The output is basically as follows.

Code:
------------------] Players [----------------------------------
Name1            Name2                  Name3          Name4    Name5
Name6            Name7                  Name8          Name9    Name10
-----------> TEXT HERE CAN CHANGE <---------------------

The number of spaces between the names can change and so can the text between the > < .

I’m using code something like this

Code:
#TRIGGER "WhoStart" {-----~] Players ~[--------} {#VAR PlayerList ""}

#COND {(*)} {#FORALL %subregex( "%1"+, "\s+|-|>|<", "|") {#ADDITEM Playerlist "%i"}} {manual}

#TRIGGER "WhoStop" {----~> There are (*) players ~<--- } {#VAR PlayerCount %1;#STATE WhoStart 1}

I can get everything I need to in to a string list. However it’s also includes the last line where I’ve put “Text Here Can Change”. I can filter out the the - < and > characters, but it still grabs the "TEXT HERE CAN CHANGE" part of the line.

In this code is there any way I can ignore any line starting with a hyphen so it doesn’t pass the words in to my variable?

Thanks!

Last edited by myddrun on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
myddrun
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm   

Just had a thought of course. I'll try messing about with that (*) in the Cond trigger. Confused
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm   

#if (%1 = %begins(%1,"-")) {stuff you do for the hyphen lines;#state WhoStart 0} {stuff you do to grab who names}

WhoStop doesn't need the #state command, either. With it there, the WhoStart Trigger will never fire on the initial hyphen line on subsequent uses (thereby not resetting your player variable) and your #condition pattern will be essentially exposed to the entire text stream from the game.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:42 am   

MattLofton wrote:
#if (%1 = %begins(%1,"-")) {stuff you do for the hyphen lines;#state WhoStart 0} {stuff you do to grab who names}

WhoStop doesn't need the #state command, either. With it there, the WhoStart Trigger will never fire on the initial hyphen line on subsequent uses (thereby not resetting your player variable).

I think that was a typo on my part. My whostop has #State Whostart 0 not 1. :)

Anyway, I messed around the trigger in the cond from (*) to ([A-Za-z ~ ]) to only trigger on lines with letters or spaces.

It's been so long that I've player with zmud that I've nearly forgotten the little I knew. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: