Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
pholtz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:04 am   

Virgin map wanted

I would like to use ZExplorer for AC2 but would like a virgin map, with no locations so that I can enter them as I discover them. Then the map would also be a record of my accomplishments.

I went though and deleted every place. But I wish there would be an easy way to do this. (Probably is, but I didn't find it). I could have deleted the .MDB file, but my understanding is that would have caused the program to download the locations again.

Also, I want to be sure that ZExplorer doesn't automatically download any locations. Is there anyting I need to do to prevent this.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:45 pm   

What you really need to do is get zMapper. With zMapper you can create your own blank maps, use your own backgrounds, etc.

The next version of zMapper, due later this week, has a "Save as Template" option that will save all of the icon definitions, but will delete the actual location data.

zExplorer won't automatically download any locations. You have to manually select the Update Datafiles in the Update menu in order to download new locations.

pholtz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:12 pm   

I like the AC2 map I got with zExplorer. Does zMapper have access to the same map?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:29 am   

Yes. zMapper can put any GIF or BMP file into the background of a map. The map used for AC2 is called DERETH2.GIF.

As I said though, wait for the next version of zMapper so that you can use the Save As Template option. Then it will retain the same background map and the same scaling factors. Adding a background image is easy, but you won't want to recalibrate the AC2 coordinate system with the background image like I have already done...it's a pain. Using the Save To Template will be a *lot* easier.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: