Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:19 am   

zExplorer 4.01 released

I have released a new version of zExplorer. I have fixed most of the reported problems (sorry Kragus, it still doesn't let you click on portal lines yet).

Anyway, since I think most of the major problems are fixed, I'm calling this a Public version. AC-Atlas has added the UpdateLocation method, so you can now Publish changes to existing locations in addition to adding new locations. HOWEVER: AC-Atlas still doesn't have a method for updating the exit coordinates of a portal, so you still can't do that yet. The code is already in zExplorer to handle this, and as soon as AC-Atlas adds this method, I'll be able to enable this feature without you needing any new software. I'll post to this forum when I enable this feature.

The rounding problem of coordinates was fixed on AC-Atlas, so publishing your changes should be working now. You cannot yet delete locations or notes, but that feature should be added eventually.

I've almost got the new code for the terrain-sensitive path finding ready. I'll probably be adding that to the next major version. However, now that zExplorer is basically useable, I need to go release some new updates for zMUD and zMapper before I get back to zExplorer. (It's pretty tricky trying to juggle 3 products at once!)

This new version is also a test of the new eLicense code. This code should help reduce problems with code 23 and code 17 errors, and should work better with proxy servers. Let me know via email if you have any licensing troubles. The changes should be transparent to all users (crossing fingers).

I hope this new version works well. Sorry again for the long delay, but it's tough when I don't have control of the database server. I'm working on some ideas along that front as well and will announce when I have something to report.

Happy exploring!

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:20 am   

Oh, if your existing AC2 database is messed up because of the previous rounding problems, just delete your AC2.MDB file and a new one will be downloaded when you run zExplorer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: