Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
double0fro
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:10 pm   

Advanced spellup trigger

I am playing on a smaug mud that is far from stock. I have devised a very complicated spellup trigger...reason being, there is spell lag, interrupting causes wild magic. Anyhow, let me start with an example:
#alias aff {aff;aff by}
- pulls up affect list and affected by list to figure out what is already on me(done using simple triggers/variables with 1/0 as value.)
*I use "resistances" in affect by to set off the actual casting trigger, because it is always there.
Here is the problem:
Some of my equipment affects me with resistances that do now show up on affect, but only under affected by, how do i take the resistances line...
Resistances: cold electricity energy pierce slash poison drain nonmagic magic song psi physical negative unholy

and put each value into something, so i can run an if check to see if (for example) air is listed in my resistances...keeping in mind the resistances is the trigger line i use to begin my spellup

Sorry if that was SUPER confusing, let me know if you need more info
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:55 am   

#TR {^Resistances: (*)$} {#VAR Res {%replace("%1"," ","|")};#IF (%ismember("air",@Res)) {#ECHO Air is resisted}}

I assume you can figure the rest out for yourself.
double0fro
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:57 pm   

Worked like a CHAMP, thanks so much for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: