Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:22 am   

Logic Potion Problem

Im having troubles trying to figure out whats wrong with my potion quaffer. Heres triggers I have so far.

Alias po
#IF (@potion1 > 0) {get plat.satchel @potioncontainer;quaff plat.satchel};#IF (@potion1 = 0) {#IF (@potion2 > 0) {get golden.flask @potioncontainer;quaff golden.flask}};#IF (@potion2 = 0) {#IF (@potion3 > 0) {get book.herbalism @potioncontainer;recite book.herbalism}};#IF (@potion1 = 0 and @potion2 = 0 and @potion3 = 0) {#SH %ansi( 11)Out of -- HEAL POTIONS --;:gwen:#SA %ansi( 12)KENTA....out... --HEAL POTIONS--}

Now it works fine if theres every type of potion, however if theres lets say 2 of type 1 and 3 of type 3 it will mess up and try quarfing, both 1 and 3. Im sort of clueless on how to fix this problem any help would be awesome. The way I keep track of the amount of potions is by a series of triggers. I dont thnk you need that though. I also store the potions in variables Potion1, Potion2, and Potion3. Thanks

-Ash
cingulli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:58 am   

#IF (@potion1 > 0) {get plat.satchel @potioncontainer;quaff plat.satchel} {
#IF (@potion2 > 0) {get golden.flask @potioncontainer;quaff golden.flask} {
#IF (@potion3 > 0) {get book.herbalism @potioncontainer;recite book.herbalism} {
#SH %ansi( 11)Out of -- HEAL POTIONS --;:gwen:#SA %ansi( 12)KENTA....out... --HEAL POTIONS--}}}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:59 pm   

The problem is simple, when you decide whether to quaff potion 3, you don't check the value of potion 1. So, anytime potion 2 is 0 and potion 3 isn't you'll quaff potion 3. The fix is also simple, check potion 1.

Alias po
#IF (@potion1 > 0) {get plat.satchel @potioncontainer;quaff plat.satchel};#IF (@potion1 = 0) {#IF (@potion2 > 0) {get golden.flask @potioncontainer;quaff golden.flask}};#IF ((@potion1 = 0) AND (@potion2 = 0)) {#IF (@potion3 > 0) {get book.herbalism @potioncontainer;recite book.herbalism}};#IF (@potion1 = 0 and @potion2 = 0 and @potion3 = 0) {#SH %ansi( 11)Out of -- HEAL POTIONS --;:gwen:#SA %ansi( 12)KENTA....out... --HEAL POTIONS--}

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: