Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
paipals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:58 pm   

Fetching data using DDE from another application

I created an application with Delphi 5 that contains some mud related information and want to integrate it into zmud. I think dde link could help me here but I can't find a way or right syntax how to get it working.
So far I created DDEServerConv and DDEServerItem objects in that application and tried to get the text I entered into item object property called lines.
I used #exe %ddeopen{app1,ddeitem} and it launched my application.But that is all I got working from zmud dde commands. Using #dde or %dde with different parameters I thought should work to get that text didn't do anything. In my opinion after opening that application this command should work
#say %dde(ddeitem.lines) but it does nothing.

Anyone has used dde links in zmud? Any experience with syntax or even suggestion what syntax I should use?
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:37 pm   

I have to admit, I tried it and failed completely.. I have a feeling DDE is pretty broken..
However, you are in luck, if you can create an app which supports COM, and try one of the newer versions (you'll probably need the newest beta), then you can use that..

A new public version with this functionality should be coming up soon, as soon as Zugg gets the bugs in the zMapper ironed out.

Anyway, don't forget to double+triple backup your current zmud maps/settings etc., before trying the beta version out.. !!

Theres a tutorial on using the zMUD COM interface, with Delphi examples, in the library here: http://www.zuggsoft.com/library

Lady C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: