Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:21 am   

Rescue Trigger/Variable Prob

I have a problem with my rescuelist variable. What im trying to do is make it so
#VAR rescuelist %additem( "%1", @rescuelist) will add a name to the list. The problem with this is that the @rescuelist needs {} at the beginning and end for it to work. IT does add the name and I also have one for deleting names. But its useless, sinec it takes out the {}, making me have to manually set the list, which is a pain, specially when you need to add someone quick like. IS there a way to fix it so when you add or delete people you wont get rid of the {}.

Heres my rescue triggers if it'll help any.

TRIG-1
{massacres|hits|pounds|slashes|pierces|smites|misses|crushes|whips|bites|claws|stabs|stings|cleaves} (@rescuelist)

#if (@position=rest) {stand;#var temprescue %1;rescue @temprescue};#if (@position=stand) {#var temprescue %1;rescue @temprescue}

TRIG-2
You fail the rescue.
rescue @temprescue

TRIG-3
~<hp:(%x) mv:(%x) %* (%x):(%x) (@rescuelist):(%x)~>
#2 rescue %5

VARIABLEs
Rescuelist
temprescue

-Ash
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:36 am   

#ADDITEM rescuelist {%1}

I'm not clear on what you mean by the variable needing { and } at the beginning and end. If you mean the first item needs to be (or begin with) "{" and the last item needs to be (or end with) "}", it shouldn't. I use lists frequently, and I've never needed to do that. I put the { and } in the trigger or alias (or other setting) which uses the list, rather than in the list itself.

TRIG-1
{massacres|hits|pounds|slashes|pierces|smites|misses|crushes|whips|bites|claws|stabs|stings|cleaves} ({@rescuelist})

#if (@position=rest) {stand;#var temprescue %1;rescue @temprescue};#if (@position=stand) {#var temprescue %1;rescue @temprescue}

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: