Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
GrimofDC
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:25 pm   

Trouble mapping rooms on a diku mud with zmud6.16

Hello everyone,

I have read through the forums until my head was dizzy and tried a lot of stuff out on my own with no success. I'm trying to map the rooms on my mud with the room name, full room description, and correct exits.
   I've noticed using the built in autoconfigure with zmud6.16 that it will map fine until something different pops up, such as the room description is indented or the room name has a space in front of it.
   The exits on the other hand, I've had trouble with them from day one and haven't figured out how to get it right. Seems like the mapper will create a room with n, e, s, w, u, d, when the room really just has one or two exits. This usually happens right when I turn map mode on.
   I've tried the regular configurations and I also tried to have everything #tag'ed, tagging everything helped get the correct room descriptions but it was complicated and messy, and I still have that annoying bug where a room would have all the exits when only a few existed. I messed with it so much that it started just crashing zmud so I deleted all the tag triggers and tried to go back to the regular autoconfigure settings. However I'm back to where I started.

Here is a sample room description that will not include the description part in the mapper, it just has a room name and exit. I want the full description. :(
quote:

look
The forest proper
   The edge of the forest is blocked from outside view by a melange of
thick trees and tall hedges. From inside the forest, it's as if a
force cuts out the sound and light to create its own. There is no
movement as far as the eye can see and from the east comes the soft
sound of rushing water.
A polar bear rears up, thinking you are its dinner.
Exits: north west east

850/850hp 274/274m 343/461mv -959al forest    >
 The forest proper
  The edge of the forest is blocked from outside view by a melange of
thick trees and tall hedges. From inside the forest, it's as if a
force cuts out the sound and light to create its own. There is no
movement as far as the eye can see and from the east comes the soft
sound of rushing water.
Exits: w, e, n

850/850hp 274/274m 343/461mv -959al forest    >
 north
The forest proper
   Night seems to have fallen just on this small area of the forest,
the moon peeking through some gaps in the leaves. An unblinking owl
stares at you from above, and the skitter of small animals among the
leaves is unsettling.
A spying jaguar drops down from the trees to challenge you.
A spying jaguar drops down from the trees to challenge you.
Exits: north west south east
a polar bear has arrived.

850/850hp 274/274m 340/461mv -959al forest    >
The forest proper

Exits: s, n, e, w

Please note that the purple colored text is not mud output, but displayed on my screen from the mapper when i typed #desc, and pink words are input commands. As you can see the second room did not add the room description, I want to be able to tag everything between the roomname and teh room exits as the room description, whether or not the room description is indented, has multiple paragraphs, or includes strange chars and spaces. I accomplished this by triggering off
GrimofDC
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:26 pm   

anything with the white ansi code. (All room names are colored white on this mud) and I capture everything until the Exits: line to a variable, then delete the roomname and exit line out of the variable if it existed and make that the room description. It sort of worked, but not really well. The trigger would fire off everything ansi white. It grabbed all sorts of stuff, I tried filtering out bogus ansi white stuff like, "-", "white aura", etc but that's when zmud started crashing a lot.

Here the room is created before I get the next rooms output, as you can see the mapper thinks the ducks quack is the next room, and makes that the room name and description. Annoying? Yes, I think I could fix that with a #nomap, but do I have to #nomap everything? I've seen the same thing happen when someone gossiped. Hopefully there is an easier way than #nomap'ing everything.
quote:

850/850hp 274/274m 304/461mv -959al city    >
 look
Terpsichore's Garden
   Long stemmed flowers, lisianthus and lavender, dance softly in a
gentle breeze.  Shades of blue and purple greet the eye in every direction,
framed by the deep green of heartshaped lilac tree leaves.  To the
west, a small iron gate leads out of the gardens.  From the east comes
the splashing of water.
A mallard duck searches for scraps of bread.
A song sparrow chirps out a happy melody.
Exits: north west-closed south east

north

the duck quacks like a duck.

Calliope's Garden
   Large yew bushes have been trimmed into the shapes of warriors, mages,
clerics and other heroes, towering nine to ten feet in the air. Martial
music blares from some unknown source, almost a little too loud, but not
quite. Tulips bob their bright heads here and there in mass plantings
amoung the bushes.
Exits: north-closed south east

850/850hp 274/274m 302/461mv -959al city    >
Exits: s

I won't post about the extra exits since I'm already asking enough questions, but would appreciate any suggestions on how to map those exits correctly. If there is a visible door the mud always adds -closed to the exit, this doesn't tell me what the doors keyword is but I would like my mapper to add a door if it detects one too. So far I've been adding doors manually. Anyway, sorry about the long post, but I've been trying to figure this out for over a month.

Jon
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:46 pm   

Try using a multiline trigger to detect start of room info.

#TR {%e[whitenumber(*)$   (*)$} {#TAG name {%1};#VAR Desc {%2};#T+ CapDescLines} "" {ansi}
#TR "CapDescLines" {^(*)$} {#IF (%word("%1",1)!="A") {#VAR Desc {%concat(@Desc,%cr,"%1")}} {#T- CapDescLines;#TAG desc @Desc}}

It isn't guarenteed to filter out all mobs, players, and items in a room. It also isn't guaranteed to capture all lines of a description, but it will behave consistently and odds are pretty low that an actual description line will start with "A ".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: