Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:24 am   

Delete suggestion

Can you add the ability to delete files on the select database window you get when you first open zmapper.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.34
Zmapper Version 1.10
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:46 pm   

I plan to change that dialog. Right now, it's calling the Windows Explorer API to display a file-dialog box. I have little control over that box. Also, it makes the startup very slow. I plan to change this to a most-recent list of opened maps, with an Open Existing button to open a new map, much like Microsoft Office, Frontpage, Corel Draw, etc.

But the answer to your question is "No", I don't plan to add any deletion feature to that initial startup window. I don't want to start down the path of reimplementing the entire Windows Explorer features (next you'd want to add a new folder, rename stuff, etc).

Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:24 pm   

I haven't tested this with zMapper, but it is my experience that the standard File Dialog window allows you to delete files by selecting the file you want to delete and hittinh the Delete key on your keyboard. If you can't do it with the Delete key, right-clicking and selecting Delete should also work.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: