Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Najl
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:02 am   

Confused with a trigger..

Ok I'm trying to write a simple trigger, I'm ok with simple stuff but I'm not a coder and I get confused with wildcards... what I want to do is repeat a combat command, The problem I'm having is I have to have a target and the mud shows damage before the target name... like this

bac phunbaba;circle phunbaba

(9560 exp) : Your backstab NULLIFIES the sculpture of Phunbaba!

(5815 exp) : Your circle Expunges the sculpture of Phunbaba!

what I want to do is somehow capture my targets name "phunbaba" and put that name
behind the command circle and have the circle continue to repeat until the mob dies.... instead of constantly sending the circle phunbaba by taping enter....
I know it has to be something simple, I just can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks Najl
Apollyon
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:12 am   

#alias {hunt} {#var hunted %-1}
set that alias, then when you are about to kill Phunbaba type hunt Phunbaba, then under macros create new macro when it pops up hit F1 and type in the command thing back @hunted; cir @hunted then when you hit f1 and the hunted name is in you will backstab and then circle the person, you can make f1 just backstab and then make a new macro for F2 thats just circle @hunted

it would be hard to make a trigger to go off of the backstab cause it would be something like this #trigger {~((%n) exp~) : Your backstab %w (*)!} {#var hunted %3}
but that would put hunted as the sculpture of Phunbaba, which wouldnt be good at all, since most mobs have multiple names it is really hard to have the trigger find the right name and use that as a variable, so i just suggest you put in the mob name before the fight and then just use F1 to backstab and F2 to circle, thats just the easiest way i know of....

--------------------------------------------------

"They tell Soze they want his territory - all his business. Soze looks over the faces of his family... Then he showed these men of will what will really was."
Najl
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:22 am   

Thanks, It works this way but what I was trying to avoid was having to constantly push a button... enter or F2... The circle is not a continious action... the command must be resent after each attack.... any other suggestions?
YZilla
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:29 am   

Assuming that there is no negative effect to send another circle/backstab command after the target is dead, the following two triggers should do.

Start off circle and back stab, and it should keep repeating untill the target is dead, plus one more time.

#TRIGGER {*Your backstab * of (%w)!} {#SEND bac %1}
#TRIGGER {*Your circle * of (%w)!} {#SEND circle %1}

- This signature intentionally blank -
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:52 am   

You'll have to specify the target when you backstab, so you might as well get the target's name from your command. That means you won't need any wildcards in the trigger.
#AL {bac} {#VAR target {%-1};~bac @target;circle @target}
#TR {Your circle} {circle @target}

LightBulb
Najl
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:51 pm   

Thank you all for the help.... works great...

Najl
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: