Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:34 am   

Room Definitions

I created a few room definitions then tried to delete the first one.

I get a error message saying you cannot delete first room definition.

I can understand not allowing the basic room to be deleted, but if your not going to allow it to be deleted, you should also prevent it from being modified. I've changed the first room to look really nasty, which is why I wanted to delete it.

Also, a nice feature would be to left click on a current room definition and be able to create a copy of it. This would be an efficient way of creating many room definitions where you only are adding or chaning a minor thing to each room. Just makes it quicker than having to go and create another new room and then add everything the previous room had.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.34
Zmapper Version 1.10
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:18 pm   

Creating a copy is a good idea and I'll add that to the to-do list.

On the default room definition, you need to understand how databases work. The first room definition is used for *all* default rooms. Of course you can edit this...otherwise how would you change how the default rooms looked? And of course you can't delete it because then none of the rooms would have a room definition and the entire database would then be corrupt. Rooms are *required* to have a definition. When you delete a definition, rooms with that definition are set to the default. So obviously you can't delete the default since then there would be no definition for the rooms to point to.

But it's easy to restore the default look of the rooms. Just remove the shape and/or bitmap image (open the image, select New or Clear to wipe out the old image, then save the changes). And then make sure the Draw Default option is turned on for the room. There really isn't much you can do to totally mess up a room definition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: