Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Thandril
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:36 am   

Question regarding 'Other command'

This could go to the zMud or zMapper board, but since I'm here already: There is a field called 'other command' available on exits. This field is filled in for nonstandard exits. I thought, "Great! I can use this for swimming in my Mud! (When in deep water you must 'swim north' instead of typing 'north' even though it's a regular exit)." So, I set the other command field of the north exit to 'swim north', fully expecting that this would be issued in place of 'north'. If the other command isn't what gets sent in place of the exit then what is this field for on standard exits? If it's not available there then the option should be disabled for regular (compass) exits. I would love to see it override the normal direction so that I don't have to create an 'other' exit for each of the swimming rooms.

Roy
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:26 pm   

The command entered into this field only gets sent if there is an exit of type "other" in the room. So, if you want to do it this way, you will need to create an exit of type "other" for each of this rooms.

However, in zMapper, you can create a new exit kind, the same way you create new room kinds. This exit kind may have it's own script associated with it. So, for example, you could put as the script:
swim %1

and everytime you walked through this link, it would send swim and the direction you are using to walk through the link. However, the normal direction (south, west, east, etc.) still gets sent. I'm going to suggest in another post the we have the ability of stopping this from happening.

Kjata
Thandril
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:34 pm   

Interesting concept. As a suggestion though I think it would be nice to be able to use the 'other com' field to override normal directions. It seems like it would be an easy fix since that field is already available. Either that, or allow for exit more complete exit scripting.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:19 pm   

Actually, this is a bug. If the Other Command field is set, it should be using this no matter what the exit direction is. This was already reported in the zMUD forum and is on the bug list.

Please try to keep your posts in the correct forum. Putting zMUD posts in the zMapper forum is confusing for users that don't use zMUD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: