Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:23 pm   

Database Variables

Okay, I'm creating an automated scripting interface, and I want the user to be able to select a bunch of skills to work. Each skill will have a class folder with a bunch of Script Modules. Each skill has a database variable that looks like this:
Mod1 - Operable
Mod2 - Operable
Mod3 - Inoperable

These variables use the naming convention of SkillNameMods. At the beginning the user selects all the skills they want to use, and they're all added to a variable @PrimarySkills.
Now, before the script actually begins looking at which skills to work, I'd like it to check that the skills the user picked have at least 1 operable Module. I've created an alias:

CheckforWorkingMods:
#LOOP %numitems( @PrimarySkills) {
#VAR Checking %item( @PrimarySkills, %{i})
#VAR Operable 0
#LOOP %numitems( @{%concat( @Checking, "Mods")}) {
#IF (@{%concat( @Checking, "Mods")}.%concat( "Mod", "%{i}") =~ "Operable") {#VAR Operable 1}
}
#IF (@Operable = 0) {
#ECHO No @Checking Mods are available. It is being removed from the Primary Skills queue.
#DELITEM @PrimarySkills @Checking
}
}

My problem seems to like in the #IF statement which tries to check each key-value pair in a database variable to see if at least one of them is 'Operable'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Belmyrddyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: