Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:24 am   

Command Line Triggers

Is there a way to mark a difference between a command that is entered via the command line, and commands executed via triggers?

I'm creating a 'Script Mode' in an interface I'm designing in zMUD for Dragonrealms, and I want to restrict the commands that I can send to the MUD via the command line, however I DON'T want to restrict the commands that zMUD is automatically sending to the MUD through triggers. Is this possible?

Belmyrddyn
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:01 am   

ONINPUT

Syntax: #ONINPUT pattern commands
Related: #TRIGGER

Creates a command input trigger. See the #TRIGGER command for more information on triggers. Instead of matching the pattern against lines received from the MUD, command input triggers test their pattern against commands you enter on the command line. Output from command input triggers will replace the command that you entered. You can also use the #SUB command in a trigger to replace parts of your command with other text.

Ton Diening
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:36 am   

Regrettably no.
ONINPUT alone will not suffice as it will capture things your script attempts to send. %lastcom also will be set to things your script does and tries to send. Sadly Zugg never added a function to access the history list and hence there is no way to know what was sent by your script and what was sent by the user.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:55 am   

There may not be a function, but there are 3 commands: #H-, #H+, and #HISTORY. I've never used any of them so I don't know if they'd distinguish between command-line versus script.

Frankly, I'm not very interested in a script that PREVENTS me from using commands.

LightBulb
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:42 am   

Trying to remember the last queue I did on
a mud and how I did it.

I believe I used #ONINPUT {(%*)} to jam it
into a string list based on priority and gave
it lag time. If it was something that made
no sense given the situation it would actually
drop the request. I remember it working well.
Done almost a year ago though so don't remember
the exact particulars.

Ton Diening

Added:
Play with
#ONINPUT {(%*)} {#GAG;#VARIABLE sList %additem( "%1", $sList)}

Then you execulte the commands from your prompt
or based on mud output. Aliases will use
#SEND to push their commands past it.
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:21 pm   

I've already worked out a system that will execute commands by itself. I have the tick timer execute _Central_Timer every second. It adds 1 to several variables, which in turn determine if the function ExecComBuff is executed. If it is, it checks to see which buffer needs to be executed. However, if I use this trigger:
#ONINPUT {(%*)} {whatever} it reprocesses all those commands which are already in the command buffers and I don't want that. I *just* want the commands executed directly from the command line to be processed. Although, it is useful to know that the #SEND command will bypass this trigger. Does the #EXEC? Thats what I use, so all variables and aliases are expanded when the command buffer is executed.

Belmyrddyn
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:39 pm   

quote:

Regrettably no.
ONINPUT alone will not suffice as it will capture things your script attempts to send. %lastcom also will be set to things your script does and tries to send. Sadly Zugg never added a function to access the history list and hence there is no way to know what was sent by your script and what was sent by the user.

#ONINPUT will only match what you type in the command-line. It will not match anything sent by an alias, another trigger, button, menu, et cetera because #ONINPUT is not looking at what appears in the character window.

Anywho, you can create such a system by using state variables and making certain triggers able to bypass/ignore the preventative state.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:48 pm   

I beg to differ. A simple example will put it into perspective.

#ONINPUT {(%*)} {Was %1} "" {"notrig"}
#TRIGGER {Was a} {b}

Just type a at the command line and you will see what I mean.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:14 am   

quote:

I beg to differ. A simple example will put it into perspective.

#ONINPUT {(%*)} {Was %1} "" {"notrig"}
#TRIGGER {Was a} {b}

Just type a at the command line and you will see what I mean.

Hmm, guess I can chalk that up to glitchiness...I KNOW I have seen #ONINPUT not fire on scripted output and ran into this situation many a time. The workaround for me was to instead use a #TRIGGER trigger rather than #ONINPUT.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: