Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:47 am   

Command Input Triggers

Okay, I want to create a trigger that will parse every command I send to the mud, and only execute certain commands. How do I prevent a command to be sent to the MUD? I've tried:

#TRIGGER {(*)} {#SUB ""}

When I've set the Type to: Command Input. What I actually want it to do is save the command I enter to a variable, then have an alias check that variable to see if its an appropriate command, and if it is, execute it. If it isn't, I want it send to a command buffer. I can do all that, but the command I enter on the command line keeps getting sent to the MUD before I can parse it.

Belmyrddyn
bgunther
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:47 am   

You don't want a normal trigger... a normal trigger checks for patterns sent to you from the mud... what you need is #oninput

#oninput {(*)} {#echo Got it, now do what you want with it}

I don't use anything like this myself, but I have heard that if you trigger on anything sent to the mud, there is likely to be a performance impact

Bob, aka Kayd on SWMud and a few others.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:46 am   

A normal trigger (#TRIGGER) only matches on lines that appear in the main window. It doesn't make preemptive strikes on the command-line buffer like #ONINPUT does.

EDIT: I'm not quite sure if it's needful, but you MIGHT have to use %* over * to properly catch all commands or all combinations of commands (like n;n;w).

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:52 pm   

Also, to stop a command from being sent to the MUD, you use #GAG in the oninput trigger. Example:
#ONINPUT {%*} {#GAG}

will stop all commands from being sent to the MUD.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: