Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:24 am   

Lock/Unlock map

Don't know why somebody else hasn't reported this yet, or perhaps someone did and I just didn't search thoroughly enough. Anyway, it seems that enabling/disabling of the controls in the Exit tab of the Properties window is reverse of locking/unlocking the map. When the map is unlocked, all of the controls in the Exit tab of the Properties window are disabled. When the map is locked, they are enabled, but doing any changes results in the Save button not getting enabled and everything staying the same when I close the Properties window.

By the way, I wanted to say that having the map in a standard database format rocks!! I just created a query in Access to show me all of the exits that were created incorrectly because of the "reverse direction for down is nw" bug. I could then go to the affected rooms and fix it easily. I could have made the query modify the ExitTbl table too to fix it automatically, but I didn't because some of the exits needed special care in fixing them. However, I can do all other sort of cool stuff, like having Access color all of the rooms that have a RefNum equal to the ObjId, which means that I didn't set the Vnum correctly for that room, and I'm sure that I will come up with many other uses.

So, once again, thanks!! You've created another great program and made better an already excellent one.

Kjata
[_SnArF_]
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:21 am   

I can't figure out how to lock the map! How do you do that, anyway?

---------------
We're going to eat all of your food and steal all of your beer.
Phazic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:27 pm   

The top icon in the toolbar on lefthand most side, when undocked it's the DrawToolbar, looks like a little lock. This is used to lock/unlock the map.

On a sidenote: caught a bug while verifying the location of the lock button- when locked the tooltip doesn't change to unlock.

-Phazic
zMapper 1.04/zMUD 6.32 on Win2k SP2
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:54 pm   

Thanks for catching this Kjata. I've added it to the bug list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: